SPL Tech Posted March 4, 2011 Report Posted March 4, 2011 I left my car sit for a month and now I have water spots on the front windshield that I cannot seem to get off. Does anyone know of a chemical I can use to remove them?
michigancapri92 Posted March 4, 2011 Report Posted March 4, 2011 elbow greese and a mr clean magic eraser, that some bish cleans anything !!! Teamcapri.comThe TeamCapri 1992 Mercury Capri XR22012 FORD EDGE SQ BUILDOld build logMy FeedBack1992 Mercury capri XR2 Hyper LED
JaM Customs aka mprete Posted March 4, 2011 Report Posted March 4, 2011 agreed n the mr clean eraser but also buy rain x windshield stuff. not only will it get rid of the spots it will help with rain... and wont let water sit like that. it will just run off. 2001 dodge ram 2500 quad cab 5.9L V8 my build logs... dodge build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94914-mpretes-2001-dodge-ram-2500-quad-cab-build-log/ trik build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94447-trik-build/page__p__1298547__hl__trik__fromsearch__1entry1298547 box building thread- very cool designs (PICS!!!) http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/95713-2d-or-3d-box-pics/page__gopid__1318152entry1318152 i am a mechanic, pm me if you have questions or anything.
SoCaLBaMF Posted March 5, 2011 Report Posted March 5, 2011 Vinegar and water works very well.. 2004 Bagged Trailblazer (4)18" Sundown Nsv3s (4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4 (2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500
jack Posted March 5, 2011 Report Posted March 5, 2011 0000 steel wool (can be found at any harware store and is cheap) and elbow grease. it will polish the glass very well, just make sure its dry before you start and dont hit plastic or paint. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build" (1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10 (2) PowermasterD2700 batteries ALL FOR SALE TEAM DC AUDIO TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR
bassHZ Posted March 5, 2011 Report Posted March 5, 2011 0000 steel wool (can be found at any harware store and is cheap) and elbow grease. it will polish the glass very well, just make sure its dry before you start and dont hit plastic or paint. were can i buy some of this elbow grease u speak about ..lol but what about ammonia
n8ball2013 Posted March 5, 2011 Report Posted March 5, 2011 I never thought of magic erased I gotta try tht THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
sprkn_ranger Posted March 5, 2011 Report Posted March 5, 2011 Yea I've heard of using steel wool also. The guys at work use them on their water pull windshields. Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
SPL Tech Posted March 6, 2011 Author Report Posted March 6, 2011 Tried the Magic Eraser, that did absolutely nothing which I am not surprised. If the chemical doesn’t recommend you wear gloves when using it, I am going to guess it won’t work.
00sdime00 Posted March 6, 2011 Report Posted March 6, 2011 0000 steel wool (can be found at any harware store and is cheap) and elbow grease. it will polish the glass very well, just make sure its dry before you start and dont hit plastic or paint. This and a razor blade. I find the combo of the two works best...razor blade near the edges and steel wool everywhere else. A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it. My Youtube vids...enjoy anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.