Check out the SMD Store @ WcCarAudio.com!

skittlesRgood

A tribute to my grandfather's skills (lots of pics)

ok, i have to correct myself. it was actually my aunt who said it and this other person was just relaying it to us. i guess that detail got lost in the whispers.

Sorry for your loss your grandpa did some amazing work. In the first set of pics. What is the piece with all the colored circles above the AC?

that is a system he set up for the house. each circle is a light and each light shines when a door is open. so you could look at that and know "the garage door is open". its also part of the alarm. he installed it all. a fire station bell goes off in the house if some one breaks in.

Wow that is impressive to say the least. Your grandpa did some amazing work and I can tell from the work that you do he passed his trade on to you. Which is cool cause every time you build something it will have a piece of your grandpa in it. :drinks:

Sorry for your loss your grandpa did some amazing work. In the first set of pics. What is the piece with all the colored circles above the AC?

that is a system he set up for the house. each circle is a light and each light shines when a door is open. so you could look at that and know "the garage door is open". its also part of the alarm. he installed it all. a fire station bell goes off in the house if some one breaks in.

Wow that is impressive to say the least. Your grandpa did some amazing work and I can tell from the work that you do he passed his trade on to you. Which is cool cause every time you build something it will have a piece of your grandpa in it. :drinks:

my next "pretty" box definitely will have his influence in it. im sure an idea will come to me as I look at the pieces I take home.

sorry for your loss..loosing a family member always is tough, the woodworking is remarkable i can see where you get your woodworking niche' at for sure

Sorry to hear about your loss. Your grandpa's working is truely amazing. At first I thought it was painted also but you said he used all different kinds of wood and how it turned out is so amazing. Imagine if he built you a box with all different kind of wood pieces it would've been one sick box.

Your grandfather was a true woodworking artist. I'm sorry for your loss. I don't have any grandparents anymore and I really wish I'd gotten to know them better. I hope you and your family treasure those pieces like the artwork they are.