How did you guys get started? what sparked interest?

i remember seeing this youtube video of an 18" solo x in a really really crappy, like, black dodge neon. it had tire flex and wiper bouncing. i loved that video. my first demo of a "system" was my buddy's s-10 and a 10" kicker comp from around 2000 (which i now own and is in my brothers car) that was powered by a home theater receiver on the subwoofer channel attached to a DC to AC cigarette adapter. i thought it was pretty loud LOL.

Lol was it that dirty & dusty ass hell black or blue hatchback that had like 12" tires that was shaking like hell? Lol that wad one of my first vids seeing a tired and wipes shake/bounce lol

you guys mean this one??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6L3zT4jeM

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

i started when my mom and dad gave me my first amplifier for my 18´s birhtday....

it was(and still is) and alpine mrp-m1000...then i started looking intrested in type R´s but i chose RE audio cause itt sounded waaayy better..now i have another car and i need to replace radio and do all over again..

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

I got into car audio because when I bought my Honda it only had 2 speakers in it! Front doors, paper cone 6.5s, nothing in the holes in the rear deck. Pathetic. So I went to a local audio shop and got ripped the hell off, they charged me some outrageous amount, like 1500 for 4 speakers and 2 10'' subs and a base model head unit. At the time though, I thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Soon after, I started sinking money into the car (rims, lights, electronics, engine mods) and I came across one of meades Tahoe Re-build videos. Seeing as I had never been curious about my "system" before, I got hooked on the videos and started tearing my own car apart. I found tiny crimped wires, cheap RCAs and rigged up mounts that no serious enthusiast would let fly.

Needless to say, I was hooked from then on. Like everyone, I've had an array of systems, with subs ranging in size from 10'' to 18'' and as many as 4 at a time (I'm currently running 4 12's).

One day, when I save up more money, I'm going to invest in a nice SUV and really go balls to the wall with it. But for now, trying to run 20 speakers in a Honda is plenty for me.

• 5 weeks later...

Got into systems in the late 80's. Had to drive a chevy station wagon to school. Back then Mazda B2200 and hydros were in. 16 switches. Put a 3 Atomic 12" speakers in the wagon with a RF punch 75. Pretty damn loud mids and highs sucked. But you could hear me coming. Loved ll cool j "The Booming System" man that was the days.

Nutup~or~Shutup

Like everyone else, rode with someone that had bass and loved it... Still love it. I remember it though. It was my buddies step dads truck, Can't recall how many of what but i remember Lanzar woofers and amps... And extremely loud vocals.

Same week Got to hear some JBL subs in a bandpass, was louder than the first setup, this was when I began to wonder how loud you could actually get...

My 1st setup was when I was 16, so 14 years ago. It was a 12" RF Punch, sealed running off a Kenwood KAC-821, and some Eclipse HU that was given to me in an ext. cab S-10!!

Check my sig. for current...

2001 Chevy Silverado Ext. cab - Kenwood KIV-BT901 - 2x 12" DC Audio level 3 m2D1 in 4.2 cuft. @29Hz. - DC Audio 2.0k - Alpine Type-X components - US Amps USA-4300x - XS Power D4700 - Bosch 145a alternator

I got started when i my sisters friend picked me up from my dads and had 2 pioneer 12's in sealed box and when he turned it up it was the loudest thing i ever heard, so when i got home i took the old school system my dad had in the lounge room and put them in my room hooked them up to the amp disconnected the tweeter and mid range from the towers so only the subs we moving and thats when i got hooked on loud bass ( I was around 12-13 at the time), than about 2-3 years after that i seen Meades video of him doing a hair trick to his wife and i was blown away never thought a car system could do such a thing and now im hooked on car audio, thats how i got started

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

I got started when I wanted a hometheater setup, I bought the logitech z5500 cause of the 10 inch sub, still have it and does a nice job for movies, and cranks out some good bass, but since then I wanted a full setup. I basically bought the car from my dad just to get subs in it, he offered the minivan for 600 dollars to me, and that same night I spend 850 dollars on subs and an amp, ha ha :D

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

I first heard subs when I worked on a painting crew on summer when I was in highschool. This guy had a 10" l7 in a ford something, square and forgetful lol.

A few years later a friend of mine ahd a couple jbl 10's he gave to me since the cones on both were torn but I could have cared less. Got myself a rf 300 watt mono amp and hooked it up, been addicted since.

Upgraded to 2 12" Phoenix Gold Comps and the 1200 watt mono amp from them too. Bumped pretty hard with that.

Got tired of it though, and currently building up my car to handle 2 18's :drinks:

Back in the day, i used to play bass boosted songs and remixes and launching rocks off of my home theatre speakers, me and my buddy (lets name him ish) though it was tight as shit, and one day, i was like HEY ISH, CHECK OUT THIS MOTHA SUCKA! and i whipped out the pyle blue wave 12" and he was like, AAAAAAAAUSCHWITZ! i was like 10 at the time, and he was like 8 lol, my grandfather built me a box for a 12" and i was super stoked, it was beatin like a mosuckra back in the day, THEN i got that best buy kit, the 2 insignia 12"s and that beast ass class A 800w 2 channel, i made a little ported bandpass design that actually was loud as SHIT, and i would sleep with my head in the port, and a deck hooked up to it turned to the first click of volume, i miss those days sooooo much lol.......

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

Archived