Sundown Audio

that Amp "behind the glass case" - What amp DID you want that you NEVER got?

meade916

34etgtt.jpg

PPI A1200 Art Amp

2myus02.jpg

The old HCCA series amp were always a wish of mine back in the day

Edited by Keith77
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

• 1 month later...

OK, I'll bite . . . and trust me, I spent MANY hours drooling over audio brochures in the '80s.

1. The Orion 425 HCCA - Put 'em Away with HCCA was their ad in the mags. Wayne Harris' hearse was in the background with a bunch of surly lookin' dudes throwing the other brands amps in a hole they dug in front of it. I also coveted their 2350GX and of course the gold version - the 2350GS. This was an era when different was totally cool!

P1120518.jpg

2. The HiFonics Colossus vi. Although the picture is of a vii (can't find any vi pics online), I became aware of this amp in about 1988 or so. 1,200 watts RMS - that was UNHEARD OF in a car amplifier back then. Let alone 1,800 watts RMS when you ran it at 2 ohms per channel (900 per channel). At the time, this was the king of the hill, with nearly double the rated power of the RF Power 1000.

hifonics_series_vii_colossus.jpg

I did eventually settle on an Isis, Europa, and Pegasus from them but always lusted after the Colossus.

3. The PPI 2350DM. In about 1990 I heard a Kicker demo vehicle with (4) of their C18s, each driven by one of these amplifiers. Man, the bottom end was CLEAN.

ppi2350dm.jpg

I'm sure TomTom has one of each of them . . .

Edited by snafu

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

This bad MF.

orion2100_1.jpg

Edited by 2007TBSS

im pretty young in the audio game and equally as poor.

So as soon as this amp came out i have wanted it.

DC 175.4

amp175.jpg

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Not a car amp but still a real nice lookin tube amp, but with prices starting at 22 grand, dont look like ill be getting one :rofl:

Audio Adagio

artampglow.jpg

adagiomain.jpg

Next to one of their other amps..

P1011426.jpg

Edited by Emmet

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Ok so i am definitely spoiled rotten these days, i have everything car-audio wise i ever wanted. For some reason though i still think about the amp i always wanted but couldnt afford and there was NO HOPE of EVER affording it (back in the day). I remember seeing my dream amp behind the "glass case" at Paradyme in the early 90's and to this day, it still hasnt been a reality...although it would end up on the shelf i still would love to have one.

Name the amp or amps you always WISHED you had but to this day never got one.

I have at least a handful but the one that sticks out the most in my mind is this one because it was so stunningly beatiful.......and no offense but Soundstream was "still out of Folsom, CA" if you catch my drift. :peepwall:

Yes, this is the Continuum -

4889620022_large.jpg

continuum1.jpg

trust me, i wanted the:

Coustic Power Logic 650 (i think thats what it was, the big LONG amp)

Rockfod Fosgate Power 1000

Soundstream Class A 10.0

Soundstream MC-500 (real old...hell MC ANYTHING from soundstream)

and a few others......but the Continuum still stands out in my mind :D

EDIT: POST PICS!

I just sold soundstream MC 140 ;)