So Called "Liquidation Sale" Pisses Me Off...

So, as I was on the way to my brothers wedding, I heard an ad on the radio for an electronincs liquidation sale at a local warehouse in the town we were in. I figured I'd check it out since the one in my town is always awesome, and has great deals. Well, when we go, there is a $5.oo entrance fee, which is custom at these places. As we are going in, there are a lot of people coming out with a lot of things, which got my hopes up. I was hoping on a deal on a double din touch screen, maybe two subs, and a 4 channel amp for my mids and highs. Well, I find the audio section, and commence to look around. The majority of things are in the original boxes, but most of the boxes are torn to hell and back...which is no problem as long as the items work. I quickly noticed that the people shopping were getting ripped the hell off. For example, they had a rockford fosgate 12" P1 series sub for like $150.oo, and a Prime 12" was about $120.oo. For those of you unfamiliar, you can get them cheaper directly form rockfordfosgate.com. But, for some reason, the people in the warehouse were buying the hell out of these items. They had a Lanzar amp for $400.oo, and I can go to my local audio store, which has a 200% markup, and still get it for cheaper. They also had stocked a few double din off brand touch screens, with like 1v preouts, and 1 set of RCA's for like $449.99. Effin insane. One other thing that sticks out was a Sony Vizio 47" LCD TV...the paper stuck to the TV Box read "Best Buy Price: $999.99 Our Price:$649.99" They had a huge number of these TV's, and people were eating these up. But here's the catch...me and my g/f just bought the same exact TV from Best Buy about 2 months ago for $449.99. It really should be illegal for people to falsely advertise shit like this and rip people off like they are...but I guess its also the consumer's fault for spending money on the so called deals.

mivtCK.png

That's why I avoid such "liquidation sales"

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Yea there's a local liquidation warehouse here that does similar shit, like this security camera system they claim is a $2400 setup that is on "sale" for $240 when you can buy the same exact one on amazon.com for $220 shipped. Those places are a joke most of the time. My father in law was suckered into buying that setup and now he's pissed that I showed him the real value.

dang, i kept meaning to go to one of those. kinda glad i didnt waste my time now.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Well, we have one that comes to the Civic Center here in Florence, SC. There is no entry fee, and they really do have amazing deals. IDK wtf was up with this place. I guess you just have to catch a good sale to get good deals...not the hack jobs that trick people into buying stuff that is stolen and god knows where it came from.

mivtCK.png

Should have taken pics for teh lulz.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Should have taken pics for teh lulz.

There was a big sign up front that said "No Photography. No Entry Fee Refunds." Makes you wonder why. I actually took one picture of a Lanzar amp to send to a buddy, and I was approached and questioned. They saw my badge attached to my belt and quickly backed off, and told me to have a nice day.

mivtCK.png

You're a total boss, and im in your sig, MY DAY HAS JUST BEEN MADE!

also, i sold a kicker comp 8" on craigslist for $100 with a "competition magnet", i figurered if someone was dumb enough to buy it, they deserve to get ripped off. the kid showed up, had an oldsmobile with an insignia deck, $10 speakers up front, no rear speakers, and i made his day. win win? i think so. forgot to add, it was a newer olds, he was just a moron with a fat wallet.

back to topic tho, we have those sales about a mile from my house as well, its terrible, and sooo many people go....

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Archived