Sonic Electronix

Imnot impressed with the warhorse at all i have 2 teamates with them and there numbers arent spectacular. show me someone putting up 55s with a warhorse. op what are your numbers i would d0 4 sd 3500s all day over 2 warhorses. they only do 10k at 14.4v and like 6k at 12.6 from the research ive done

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

its his electircal did you look at the minimum requirements for the warhorse? it says u need 2 200 amp alts and i think 8-10 800cca batteries. so you should have a quad alternator setup and like 8 -10 xsd3100 to be getting good power Steve has 30 000 watts and he has 4 alternators and 10 batteries and his voltage is good

bottom line kicker makes good products and theres nothing wrong with them and theres nothing wrong with sundown but, if u want to compare the 2 atleast follow the requirements then compare

your guys's logic sucks. jacob could fit his dick in a beer bottle with how wet it is from people sucking it.

i bet its impedance rise. less amps=more rise.

you had less rise when you had more amps, thus making more power. plus when you had 2 HUGE amps, your electrical probably couldn't handle it.

You don't think Rusty and DC is the sameway?!

I bet if the title said 4 DC 3.5ks, people would of said the same thing or maybe even bashed Kicker more.

Seems nothing is comparable to DC on this site.

Also, people saying their no impressed with the warhorse, I don't get why not.

Who cares of nobody is doing big numbers with them. Nobody big is running them to do it. When it comes to SPL and 160+dB is +90% install. Equipment is only a little factor. Granted the Warhorse does the power, it will put up the way numbers of a amp that is equal to it in power. As I'm saying, in theory 10k watts vs 10k watts, will be the same.

But testing two different amps will yield different results because of varies variables. But that's another topic.

Still, 20krms(rated) vs 14krms(rated). The Kicker should be louder in the end. Depends on variables of course.

We don't even know if he wired it correctly.( don't wire below 2 ohm.)

More powerfull amps on the same electrical means most of the time lower wattage, because of more voltage drop.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

People saying Sundown over warhorse are just full of nonsense.

You guys really think a saz 3500 will put out 5000watts? ><

Because the warhorse will put out atleast 10kw of power.

To the OP, you need better electrical.

You switched from 14kw to 20kw atleast so you should upgrade.(although a warhorse is very effficient.)

Each one draws 900amps

Kicker makes good stuff but its not really worth it trying to get 10k out of a warhorse

I have to disagree when it comes to 160+ installs where the equipment doesn't matter. I want to see a 160+ install with pyle, boss, and soundstorm...

And maybe theres a reason why nobody "big" doesn't use the warhorse.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I bet if the title said 4 DC 3.5ks, people would of said the same thing or maybe even bashed Kicker more.

I lol'd because this is so true.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I lol'd because this is so true.

Haha same here. I see it all the time.

I have to disagree when it comes to 160+ installs where the equipment doesn't matter. I want to see a 160+ install with pyle, boss, and soundstorm...

:werd_msword:

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

I think he meant something along the lines of throwing together two BTL 18's with 5k running them and hitting 50's. Anyone can do that, but not alot of people have what it takes to turn that into a 155. Just an example.

Archived