DC Sound Lab

invert or no a level 6 18

every test I've seen decibels were lost when sub was inverted. I'd be careful with what you use to mount that with and how you mount it, that 100 or so pound motor wont be very nice to those screws if you mount it vertically and inverted.

how is vertically inverted any different than vertically regular as far as the mounting goes?

there's not 1.5 or so inches of wood to help hold it, i'm just saying out of personal experience.

but it is the same amount of wood either way. Not trying to argue with you, I am just confused

:pardon:

i think he ment to better anchor the sub to the box when inverted due to all the weight being out of the box and if u was to stop real fast or get in a reck u might break the screws off thats holding in the sub and it come flying at ur head as with a sub mounted regular it has a box to help its terminal velocity

hope this makes sence, i mean who would want a 50 pound or so sub flying at ur head? lol, not saying this has the same example in a trunk setup or not but it helps to keep the weight of the motor from stripping out the screws also

im somewhat a noob about some things but i like to pittle every once in a while to see the differences, i say if u invert it, secure it with t nuts like this, and bolts, might have to make the screw holes bigger for bolts but i think there a few different kinds of t-nuts to choose

tnut.jpg

oh, n washers might help, but not to big as to get in the way of the subs surround

lol inverted woofers ftw!

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I can't give a defiant answer if there will be a difference in a install or not. That's my point.

And yeah, I look like a tool because I explain things for people who don't understand? Yeah. That's real annoying.

I always thought the people who posted bullshit and swore it was true was annoying. I guess this site has a different definition.

But as far as getting "respect" I'm not here to be liked or care if everybody likes me. I'm here to clear up bullshit this site seems to be full of. All because if you post anything of the truth, everybody gets "annoyed" and jumps down your throat.

I'm sure CJ18 will be glad to PM you prices on a Level 6, but I'm going to tell you they ARE NOT cheap.

If that is the case what good are your posts? And how is it that what i have said is bs? Prove me wrong first, not just saying it is to dependent on variables, but actually proving me wrong. And saying it cant be tested, thats down right lazy! Everything can be tested. You seem to be insistent that i am filling people full of bs, yet you are self admittingly saying you have no idea......

As i have said it is easy to understand how my point of view = louder if you just take the time to think about it. Dont get worked up over a internet argument and think about it for a second.

I never said you was wrong or YOU was filling people with bullshit. Maybe you misread or misunderstood.

I didn't say it couldn't be tested, but I said its not as simple as switch out. To many variables to gwt accrute results.

And I admit, in theory, there shouldn't be any difference. If everything is the same.

Please reread my posts if your doubting what I said. Maybe this will clear things up.

I only meant for you to give a explanation on your answer. Not that you was wrong. Was that to much to ask for?

Man i am pretty pissed off. I just wrote out a huge novel explaining everything to you and then i closed the window before adding the reply. Ohhhh i am pissed.

For tonight i will leave you with some quick points as i am not typing all that again. How do you think a sub is no different front to back? We are talking about front wave vs rear wave vs output. Look at the back of a sub, what do you see? look at the front what do you see? Notice any obstruction?

Look at the loudest Extreme and SS vehicles. You will notice none of them invert subs. If it was louder do you not think they would have done it yet? Do you think i would have done it yet?

Now here is your test. I said it has to be so simple, take out the variables, the car the enclosure you are testing the sub alone. Install the sub on a upright open baffle in the middle of a 4x8 table or centered in a open area. Place 2 meters one in front one behind the sub at 2 feet away. Burp that sub and record which end is louder. Do it as many times as you wish. I will put my money on the front wave every time! Test this out, i have.

Man i am pretty pissed off. I just wrote out a huge novel explaining everything to you and then i closed the window before adding the reply. Ohhhh i am pissed.

For tonight i will leave you with some quick points as i am not typing all that again. How do you think a sub is no different front to back? We are talking about front wave vs rear wave vs output. Look at the back of a sub, what do you see? look at the front what do you see? Notice any obstruction?

Look at the loudest Extreme and SS vehicles. You will notice none of them invert subs. If it was louder do you not think they would have done it yet? Do you think i would have done it yet?

Now here is your test. I said it has to be so simple, take out the variables, the car the enclosure you are testing the sub alone. Install the sub on a upright open baffle in the middle of a 4x8 table or centered in a open area. Place 2 meters one in front one behind the sub at 2 feet away. Burp that sub and record which end is louder. Do it as many times as you wish. I will put my money on the front wave every time! Test this out, i have.

wow so simple even dr subwoofer could do it......nevermind he couldnt

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

I can't give a defiant answer if there will be a difference in a install or not. That's my point.

And yeah, I look like a tool because I explain things for people who don't understand? Yeah. That's real annoying.

I always thought the people who posted bullshit and swore it was true was annoying. I guess this site has a different definition.

But as far as getting "respect" I'm not here to be liked or care if everybody likes me. I'm here to clear up bullshit this site seems to be full of. All because if you post anything of the truth, everybody gets "annoyed" and jumps down your throat.

I'm sure CJ18 will be glad to PM you prices on a Level 6, but I'm going to tell you they ARE NOT cheap.

If that is the case what good are your posts? And how is it that what i have said is bs? Prove me wrong first, not just saying it is to dependent on variables, but actually proving me wrong. And saying it cant be tested, thats down right lazy! Everything can be tested. You seem to be insistent that i am filling people full of bs, yet you are self admittingly saying you have no idea......

As i have said it is easy to understand how my point of view = louder if you just take the time to think about it. Dont get worked up over a internet argument and think about it for a second.

I never said you was wrong or YOU was filling people with bullshit. Maybe you misread or misunderstood.

I didn't say it couldn't be tested, but I said its not as simple as switch out. To many variables to gwt accrute results.

And I admit, in theory, there shouldn't be any difference. If everything is the same.

Please reread my posts if your doubting what I said. Maybe this will clear things up.

I only meant for you to give a explanation on your answer. Not that you was wrong. Was that to much to ask for?

I'm not sure how long you've been here since I'm on mobile..but I've seen two threads where you have written fucking PAGES about nothing other than to try and argue..you really piss me off..I'm starting to not like the dc section today because you're here...go bother the kicker forum part of this site..at least nobody looks there

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

I don't want to re read your novel.

And making a posting saying that isn't something everybody wants to read either.

But I agree, making a long post giving a explanation detail isn't worth reading.

Do us all a favor and jump off your high horse. Your smart ass attitude and holier than thou behavior wont last long around here if it continues.

As for you clearing up all the bullshit? Prove you knowledge to actually give out proper advice or STFU. Pictures are worth a 1000 words so stop being a pussy and get YOUR work up for everyone to see.

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites