So i just got some of this deadener after seeing it on someones car...So I inquired from the manufacture about a sample and received it. Basically all of my reviews are totally non biased and i pretty much tell my thoughts good or bad on anything i take the time to write about.

First and foremost I'll Talk a little bit about pricing...My pricing comparison is really only with deadeners that i would even think about using whatsoever...I wont touch Fatmat or any variation of it so of course it will not be a comparison.

Second Skin Damplifier 40mils $3.12 a sq ft

Second Skin Damplifier Pro 80mils $5.10 a sq ft

Audio Technix 60mils $2.12 a sq ft

Stinger Roadkill 80mils $3.08 a sq ft

RAAMAT BXT II 60mils $2.40 a sq ft

I personally only run 80 mil deadener so Stinger Roadkill is what i prefer in all honesty. But as far as price to what your getting hands down its the best option as far as reputable deadener companies go.

Performance

Stickyness its probably some of the stickiest stuff i have ever witnessed. Was wierd to have a white butyl rather then the customary black...but who really cares when you aren't going to see it anyhow. The foil on this stuff is about the same as Secondskin and Stinger roadkill. Manufacture wise...the butyl honestly seems a little sloppily applied to the foil backing..within the 6 feet of it that i have there were various parts that had random air bubbles and creases where the foil and butyl were trying to separate from one another. Overall it was nothing big whatsoever but it was enough to note that it did it. As far as effectiveness goes, im used to using nothing but 80mil deadener, but i would definitely recommend this to anyone wanting an effective product that doesnt break the bank.

It does not do what Damplifier pro does or Stinger roadkill, but for most applications its plenty for anyone.

In closing i feel that Audio Technix deadener should do well as a company as long as they stay the lowest price real deadener...Being unknown i dont think they can afford to try to be the same price as the other companies at this point and thats a good thing for consumers because it really is a good product for the money. If anyone has any questions about this product they should contact "cthedinger" hes a member on this board and also owner of the company or visit his companies website at www.Audiotechnix.com

i'll add come pics later as i do have some of it for comparison sake.

Your opinions in this review mean a LOT to me because you have a ton of experience with lots of things CA wise, and you will not sugarcoat anything.

This was a nice writeup you did James. I'll probably be making a purchase with Coleman sometime in the future.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Nice review, may look into them if/when I can afford deadner.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

great review, alot nicer than i expected from you lmao. anywho just wanted to point out his name is Cthedinger.

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Nice review, may look into them if/when I can afford deadner.

X2

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

great review, alot nicer than i expected from you lmao. anywho just wanted to point out his name is Cthedinger.

not my first review...check my other reviews in this section on stuff...its been a while but im always fair and just with whatever i do a writeup on.

he also did say he's aiming to make some eighty mil deadener ( 80 <---wish that would get fixed lol) as well to compete with the likes of damplifier pro. i have some 60 mil here but haven't had a chance to install any yet

Not that I matter at all, but ...... I played with it a bit, nothing bad to say at all.

Id use the shit in my own car.

Sorry... But thats about as technical as im gonna get tonight..lol

Also, incase anyone missed the second skin price increase, that puts this stuff way below in price.

So save some bux and buy more of it.

Gets my approval fo' sho'.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

hi, any1 know how much they gonna charge+shipping this product to asia?

HU: Kenwood DDX5034

front stage: Focal 165 v Slim component

back stage: Infiniti 652i

component amp: kenwood 4channel

sub amp: sony mono 800watts peak wired to 2 ohms

subwoofer: 3 12" Kenwood subs (from my old car)

Archived