Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

I can't stand the "old timers" who were the big dogs of their time and don't believe that anything today can compare to the systems today.

When I tell these same guys my TL scores and they tell me their Audiocontrol scores from 10 years ago and then ask me what's wrong with my system.

I cannot stand the guys who always have a friend that is louder than me. (supposedly)

The fact that the electrical system (wires, batts, alts) cost more than the audio equipment. And yet noone other than enthusiasts care about the amount of effort.

But What I hate the absolute most is when some random guy that is a friend of a friend comes into town with a system and wants to compare who's louder and I'm either doing a rebuild or have nothing installed.

A shop owner was talking to a customer about JL W7 13.5s.. and how they were rattling screws and panels apart. Which in all reality could be true, but it must be a POS.

2005 VW GTI 1.8T

(4) Fi BTL N2 15s/ 4th order bandpass

(2) Crescendo BC5500s

Crescendo c1000.4

(4) Selenium 6w4p (Q logic Kicks)

Crescendo FT1 tweeters

3 runs of 4/0

Too much 1/0

DC power Engineering 320 XP ~235A at idle

3 XS D3100s

Guy I bought my subs off of said he hit 179db with 5 of them and had a custom amp rack with a temperature monitor on his two 4000 watt amps and whenever they got hot nitrous oxide automatically opened up and sprayed on his amps to cool them off at competitions. Lol

:orly3: My buddy's cousin's brother from another mother does 198.4db on JL audio and 72k and his get's amps cooled off with R134a.... He used to use R12 but he wanted to be greener :lol:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

When red touches black :ehh:

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

I hate when ignorance ruins great equipment, I mean if your just gonna burn shit up cause your dumb then you may as well give it to someone who will take the time to install, setup, and tune it up right.

smelly coils, n00bs that think you can just hook up however many subs to an amp and ignore coil configuration, people that don't understand that you need power to make power, n00bs that max out amp gains and when giving a demo they turn their radio up to 18 out of 35 and say it's only half way turned up! prices of batteries and H/O alternators, people that don't know two shits about car audio that swear by kicker, JL, alpine, etc and tell you your equipment is shit just because it isn't kicker or JL

END RANT.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Guy I bought my subs off of said he hit 179db with 5 of them and had a custom amp rack with a temperature monitor on his two 4000 watt amps and whenever they got hot nitrous oxide automatically opened up and sprayed on his amps to cool them off at competitions. Lol

Wow. im gonna stop listenin to people say bs like that it gets old huh?

And i agree with who said batteries bein so much pisses them off

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

The logic of clipping makes it hurt your ears more, therefore it must be louder

And when people compare other people's systems to their internet idol

Archived