Has any one been robbed with an alarm?

Backup batteries for alarm, piezo sirens in the vehicle, ISO mounting and not cage loading radio, multiple sirens, horn output all make it much much harder on them

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

my buddys got the best alarm setup hes got one of them viper alarms but instrad of some weak ass siren sounding alarm going off it has 2 train horns under the truck that go off and 4 inside the truck that are off an actual train that go off to with 2 80 gallon air tanks in the bed of his truck which can only be opened with a button inside his glove box if anyone gets in it they wont be able to be in it for more than 3 seconds and there insides probly turn to jello

my buddys got the best alarm setup hes got one of them viper alarms but instrad of some weak ass siren sounding alarm going off it has 2 train horns under the truck that go off and 4 inside the truck that are off an actual train that go off to with 2 80 gallon air tanks in the bed of his truck which can only be opened with a button inside his glove box if anyone gets in it they wont be able to be in it for more than 3 seconds and there insides probly turn to jello

I dont know if I should take this seriously or not. 80 gallon tanks would take up a large majority of the bed. not to mention the size of train horns. oh and you most definitely wont turn to jello. great story though!

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

im in the process of doing my first alarm, 2 pin switches on each door, a small 12v bat as a capacitor on the alarm so if they try any funny buisness, the alarm still has power, 2 pin switches on the hood, 3 on the trunk, including one modified to my lock, if they press the button while its armed, the alarm sounds, and there will be one under each of my woofers molded into the box. i got a good deal on pin switched so i figured why not. plus, my locks work off of vacuum, not electricity. COME AT ME THIEVES!

oh, and a monitor for vibrations as well as broken glass.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

My friends car got broke into long time ago. He had a Viper alarm but it didnt go off. The thieves used ceramic casing from a AC delco spark plug to break the window. We later on tried the same thing on a window in my garage. You cant even hear it break the glass. Strange how the ceramic breaks glass like that.

Not my video

My neighbor used to steal shit from cars all the time, he said he would use this method ^, he never had a problem with alarms.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB

for the longest time i was one of those people n8 was talking about. 500 dollar headunit sitting there for all to see, and absolutely no alarm. not even a factory security system. after i put in about 5000 dollars worth of mods, not to mention my audio system, which in itself is a few g's, i got a python remote start/alarm combo.

not even 3 days after i had the python stuff in, it went off outside my friends apt. some guy was trying to open the door and he got blasted by a violent barrage of irritating sirens and flashing lights. had i not had the alarm, i might have lost thousands of dollars worth of stuff.

my buddy just bought the civic he's been leasing and he came to me looking for first step mods, stuff like HID projectors and window tints, maybe a 10 or 12 in a prefab. i told him right off the bat, if you have any intention of putting money into your car, get an alarm to protect it. it shoulda been my first addition, not my 426th (lol)

• 4 weeks later...

An alarm is the 1st mod I always do on my rides along with dark tinted windows. I completely disconnected my trunk pop button and disabled the key cylinder on the trunk itself plus welded a piece of steel over the key hole for extra measure lol. Its true though...if thieves want your stuff bad enough they will find a way to get it. I have a 2 way alarm with remote start and it alerts my phone when triggered too so I feel safer but if anyone tries to take my equipment they are in for a surprise. Everything is bolted down and I jerry rigged razor blades to the back and sides of my expensive pioneer dvd headunit so if they try me they will lose some blood lmao

TEAM DISTANT THUNDER

• 2 weeks later...

Don't just get an alarm. Get a 2 way alarm with disabler (Mine cuts the fuel pump and the starter). Set up an internal siren (my buddy took a trainhorn with the solinoid wired to the alarm, and the pump would kick on of the alarm engaged to make sure there was a constant supply of honking 160db horn. :rofl: ) so they go deaf when they try to steal your stuff.And keep your shit out of LOS when it's parked. Shove faceplates, remotes, oakleys, cell phones, iPods, condoms, girlie mags (pretty much anything a thief may want) in the glove box and lock it. (idk why you'd leave your cell phone and some other stuff in there but I've seen people leave shit in their cupholders just asking for a thief to pop a lock.) Hide extra cables like Line inputs and cell chargers in the console. The less they can see, the less they will try.. especially with a bright LED flashing on the dash. To be honest, not many gloveboxes lock up tight, but at least the sucker will go deaf trying.

Lo-Jack is a good investment too...

At least when the police ask if you have a description you'll be able to say "I know for a fact that sucker is deaf now." :lol:

But here's something a lot of people forget. Remove the Clarion, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate, Kenwood ETC ETC ETC stickers FROM YOUR DAILY DRIVER! <_< That will cut down on a lot of would be thieves that scan a lot for loot. In addition, don't go into a place where you're gonna park bumping (this goes for at your house and in your neighborhood). Especially through irreputible areas. that's the fastest way to get your stuff stolen especially if it's not in a garage.

2007 Mazda 3s Sport- Custom Short Ram, Vibrant 4-2-1 Header, Trubendz Exhaust, Magnaflow Resonator and XL Muffler, Mazdaspeed Springs, 18" Baccarats with Tigerpaw GTZ 225/40R 18's

Awards:

MECA Phat Car 1st Place

MECA Show n' Tell : 112.5db's on whatever was in my CD changer

MECA SQL Stock 1st Place

MECA Import Mild 2nd Place

would be great if you could wire your SRS airbags to the alarm. Put alarm on silent mode. 2 immediate triggers from a motion detector would trip a relay which would deploy an airbag right in their face. Then when they are knocked the fuck out, you can come up and rob them. Steal their wallet, plant some weed on them, etc.

I have accidentally set mine off a few times.. D:

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

Archived