Sundown Audio

Kicker warhorse Purchase? should i? or no?

solosickness

As said, I think a DC9 9k or 12k or if you can get a used SD12k would all be better options. I may be biased slightly though because ive really never cared for anything they make and will likely never use any of their products.

As for the AQ20 baker suggested, no warranty kinda makes me shy away from it. Not to mention the fact you can run the DCs and SDs at 16v if you ever so chose to upgrade your electrical. I like AQs, they are solid amps, but for such a large amp I would much rather have a DC 9k for example.

I think it would be a fun amp for a hobbiest but from what I have read it is awkward to use and it is going to take up a huge piece of realastate in a car or truck.

Power Hungry???? I thought it was 90% efficient????

Isn't anything that is 10,000 watts going to be power hungry? On the bright side it does have a level control or a limiter on it incase you don't have the power to feed it or you don't have enough subs to take the 10,000 watts. :good:

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

No one asked what Impedance his subwoofers are. The Warhorse is 2ohm stable, and puts it's power out at 2ohm. The other amps mentioned here are 1ohm stable, and put their power out at 1ohm.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

No one asked what Impedance his subwoofers are. The Warhorse is 2ohm stable, and puts it's power out at 2ohm. The other amps mentioned here are 1ohm stable, and put their power out at 1ohm.

Ok,

WELL...my rockford amp in the pic plus the batteries got stolen from my cunt ass ex of mine STUPID BITCH. if ur ever on facebook search Mary Crumpton and cuss that thievin bitch the fuck out for me please "ITS only thing i can do at this point she in north caralina now! If u simpathise for me DO IT! I LOVE YOU LONG TIME. Yeah btw she is black im white.WHAT CAN I SAY IM IN THE GHETTO of Detroit Michigan. BUT NE WAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....STUPID CUNT...man fuck bitchs for real...

Well now im living back at my moms after breaking my lease cuz of her. But i got about 2 grand up under da matteress. Im gunna buy x1 warhorse x 4-5 kinetik 2400's.

I have just one but hopfully two "eventually" 270amp alternator, the amputator series not the dominator series the better one anyway...

Im gunna hook my solo x kicker 18" up to it at 4ohms so 5000 rms. I think it wil handle 5k a little better on 4 ohms. When i get two alts im gunna switch it too 2ohms for 10k burps but lets see how it likes 5k first. I know the amp can do more but i want room for inproovment, and alll i got to do is buy more woofer power. so its head room.

I know everything there is too know about this amp. I go to work...i come home...i study on my hobby when board. So i got ATLEAST 20+ HOURS of just researching anything and everything about the warhorse. over the past month or 2

Its not a bitch too wire all i got too do is hook each voice coil up to each terminal wiring the coils separatly. It uses "push Pull" method. It will just pulse back and forth to create my frequency.

The amps are selling cheap, n i just dont wanna buy somthing and it take a shit on me. I wanna know why all of a sudden this amps selling super cheap. and they are being sold left and right latly. Somthings fishy.

I got a gut fealing im just gunna be just like the last guy get my amp realise somthing is uber wrong, and try too resell it fast like everybody else is doing before the word spreads.

Ride Stats:

2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System

X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*"

X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser"

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's"

x1 Kinetik 1800

x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals

x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals

x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands.

x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge.

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.

im confused...you say your mind is set...so...what were you expecting from people to say?

just saying. if your mind is set, go for it. but i can say these amps have been dropping in price for awhile. i played with one, never did any real tests as i felt it was more hassle than it was worth.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Ok bro first off dont say you know everything there is to know about this amp when you have a completely wrong statement in your post about the amp.

When you are running 1 sub on the Warhorse, you only have 1 option for wiring. There is no wiring to 4 ohms for daily and wiring down to 2 ohms for burps. You wire each coil separately on the Warhorse so on 1 sub you only have 1 option, whatever impedance your coils are is what you have.

NOW here is where the beauty of the warhorse comes in. You can buy 1 D2 sub which gives you 2 ohms at each coil and use the Limiter on the Warhorse to control how much power you are putting to the sub daily.

Oh and have fun giving the Solo Xs 5k daily, they dont like it at all and get quite stinky in a hurry. If you havent seen, Kicker has changed the RMS rating of the Solo X 18 to 3000w.

If you want to give a sub 10k, you need to look at the SMD, I think there is a guy on here selling a D2 SMD in the for sale section. If you try and give the Solo X 10k you are going to be buying alot of recones, and if you want to tell me I dont know what im talking about, yes I do. I owned a Warhorse and ran 2 Solo Xs on it and had nothing but issues from both.

How would you wire it to 4ohm, then wire to 2ohm? I don't know of any voicecoil configuration that would allow that.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

well the solo x is very easy.Like "30 seconds" to change the cone for impedance.

I got 1 dual 2 4ohm cone

and a dual 2 ohm spair cone

sorry but im right, the amp is stable at both 2 and 4 ohms

it juices 5k at 4 and 10k at 2. i stated nothing wrong that i know of yet.

the 4ohm cone will be wired in as 4ohms into 1 side and 4 on the other, NOT connecting both coils together at all like traditional setups.

Ride Stats:

2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System

X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*"

X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser"

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's"

x1 Kinetik 1800

x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals

x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals

x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands.

x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge.

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.

Archived