I need help I think the rim shop is about to screw me over

So here is the story and why I need some help. About a year ago I purchased some rims on layaway from a local tire repair/ custom wheel shop. The wheels are 26x9.5 DIP Libra 15 wheels that are suppose to fit my 2007 suburban. It took a little over a year but I had finally paid all the money (-$300)to get the wheels out of layaway and onto the truck. So in mid April I did just that. I went to pay the remainder of what I owed ($600) and to get the wheels install. Well they didn't fit. They bolted on but they rubbed badly. Not light rubbing I mean I couldn't turn the wheel a quarter turn without 90% of the tire dug deep into the inner fender. So this shop thought that I might have spring sag and suggested that I go and get the shocks and springs on the truck redone. I give them $300 and tell them I'll be back the following weekend to get the wheels after I get the shocks looked at. Well that next weekend a Tornado hit St. Louis and literally destroyed the tire shop. I mean this place only has two walls standing and everything else is under concrete and debris. It took me another week just to find the owner to find out whats going on with the wheels and they said that they had them at their house and that everything was fine. I told them that I would give them a couple of weeks cause they were dealing with bigger issues than my wheels at the time and this would also give me some time to find a shop that was going to do the suspension work for me.

So I take my truck to several different suspension shops to see what they could do to help me out. I went to the first shop and he said that there was nothing wrong with the suspension and that it wasn't any spring sagging at all. He told me to get the wheels and bring them in with the truck to put them on and see if where its rubbing at if a lift kit would be in order. However he was like I shouldn't need a lift kit cause the wheels should fit right on the truck with the same size tires if the offset is right. The other shops said the same things, they didn't see any issue with the shocks or springs on the truck, but to make sure bring the wheels in to see where the rubbing is at and if the offset was correct. Hell even one shop told me where to look at on the back of the wheels to see the stamped offset number. I was told that I needed a +30 offset for my year truck. They guy at the suspension shop said that he thinks the other shop ordered a +18 offset which would be enough of a difference to cause the rubbing issues I'm having.

So last Thursday I call the shop that has my wheels and ask them if I can come and pick up two of the wheels to take to the suspension guy to see where the rubbing was at and how much money I would have needed to spend on a lift kit(how high of a lift), they tell me sure come by that Friday and they will have two of the wheels. So Friday I get there, no wheels are there when I arrive. The one owner is like I can give you the two wheels but your going to have to give me the remainder of the money. I'm like why didn't you tell me this over the phone last night when I called you, and do you think I'm going to steal two wheels from you when I've giving you almost $4k of my money already? She goes on to say that if I take the wheels off the property without paying for them and they get damaged then they would be responsible, she said that they weren't going to do that and I'm like ok but I'm not going to give you the money until all of the wheels are here.

I then tell this owner how I've been to a few suspension shops and that they didn't see any issues with my trucks suspension at all. I also told here that they said I should have a +30 offset on the wheels and they think that this shop ordered a +18. The owner starts to go off on me and my brother about how the offset doesn't matter and that its only a difference of an 1.5 inches. She says that they aren't going to eat the cost of these wheels due to an issue with the offset and that the other shops don't know what they're talking about. Then she starts cursing out my brother and then before I know it I have cops rolling up to the shop threatening to lockup my brother for public disturbance. By this time I very angry cause the wheels where never there for me to check the offset and then to have this person start cursing at my brother and then call the police on us <_<

Before I leave the place I tell the owner that I need to see the wheels and the offset before I give her the remainder of the money to make sure that the offset is a +30 and not a +18. She tells me that she will have the wheels at the shop on Tuesday (yesterday)and to come by then. I go to the shop yesterday and now I'm dealing with the first owner (husband) who actually order me the wheels. He tells me how he needed 30 days after ordering the wheels to make changes to them, and that I should have paid off the wheels in 90 days after ordering like "he told me"? I'm like wait a second, you didn't tell me I had 90 days to pay for the wheels, you said that as long as I was paying on them that you would work with me. In fact if you would have told me I had 90 days to pay them off I wouldn't have brought them the first place. Second why didn't you have a test fit of the wheels after they got there just to make sure everything was correct? I'm the customer and I'm entrusting of you to know all of this stuff about offset and wheel fitment. I ask them where are the wheels at he says that they are at his home and that the offset on the wheels where a +18. He then says that he's waiting to hear back from his distributor to see if he will take the wheels back and get the right ones but since its been over a year now he not sure they are going to do that. And he's not taking a loss on this deal. I'm like I'm not taking the wheels if they don't fit.

So now this is where I need help cause I think I'm going to have to sue these people to get my money back. They have my money, the rims that don't fit and I have nothing to show for it. So I'm thinking that I need to go file with the Better Business Beau first then off to the local court house, however I need some evidence on the offset issue. I was trying to find the rim manufacture for DIP wheels and couldn't find anything on Google. Does anyone here know who makes DIP wheels? Also does DIP or for that matter any of the wheel manufactures show the recommending offset for vehicles? I need to have proof where the wheels that I ordered need a +30 offset recommended by the wheel manufacture.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

I'm bumping this up cause I really need the help guys. If anyone here who works at a wheel shop and can at least get me the name or phone number of the manufacture of DIP Wheels you would be a life saver to me right now.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

pm beatbox he works at tire barn and may be able to help

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

Thanks I PMed him. I hope he or anyone here for that matter can help me out. Cause so far not so good.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

any tire and wheel shop should veriyf the fitment before anything. You are not an expert they are they ordered it you didnt. Its not your fault they did not do the due diligence to ensure fitment prior to agreeing to work a deal with you. What did your agreement state? Did you sign one? like a receipt or anything?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If you take them to court ,they will lose.They are the experts not u. If they have to eat it,then thats their problem not yours.Do you have receipts showing how much you paid towards them? If not i would get that, and get the model number of the rims they ordered for you.good luck.

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

Hit me up ASAP i found your Rims you were looking for i think i may have the answers you need.... I will be in the chat room or you can text me at 5712214036

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Thanks I PMed him. I hope he or anyone here for that matter can help me out. Cause so far not so good.

right back at ya...

any tire and wheel shop should veriyf the fitment before anything. You are not an expert they are they ordered it you didnt. Its not your fault they did not do the due diligence to ensure fitment prior to agreeing to work a deal with you. What did your agreement state? Did you sign one? like a receipt or anything?

thats the way we do it atleast, mount up one before anything and try it out if its good then on with the rest if not then another set gets ordered

we also have re done stuff after customers ride one them, the one jeep we put wheels and tires on the husband was okay witht he wheels rubbing when u turned(inner fender) but after taking it home and having his wife drive it they changed their minds so we put on another brand new set.

what size tire

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.