Sonic Electronix

Breaking them in isn't going to stop the woofers from blowing because you have a setting out of wack and use your sub sonic filter.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Is there alot of saw dust in the box?

Not that I know of, the box came prefabricated (bought it via internet).

And that's why I bought a W7, to pound it hard...whats the point of having a $600 (obv didn't cost me 600) sub if you cant play it loud?

Also I would agree about "balls to the wall" playing if i had a 1000/1, but I only have a 500/1 at half gain...

just LOL'D SO HARD... Just because it has a price tag of a rolls royce doesnt mean It will hit like Thors 10s did 8)

JL is overpriced and decent sound quality if you wanted to "pound hard" You should have gotten multiple cheaper woofers that would have been louder

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Is there alot of saw dust in the box?

Not that I know of, the box came prefabricated (bought it via internet).

And that's why I bought a W7, to pound it hard...whats the point of having a $600 (obv didn't cost me 600) sub if you cant play it loud?

Also I would agree about "balls to the wall" playing if i had a 1000/1, but I only have a 500/1 at half gain...

just LOL'D SO HARD... Just because it has a price tag of a rolls royce doesnt mean It will hit like Thors 10s did 8)

JL is overpriced and decent sound quality if you wanted to "pound hard" You should have gotten multiple cheaper woofers that would have been louder

Ok yeah I might of been wrong on the "pound hard" thing just because I only have 1 10".

But I got it for the brand, I didn't care about anything else, I just wanted a W7. Money wasn't an issue and space was, that's why I HAD to buy only 1.

But yeah obviously it wont hit that hard. It was a mistake trying to hit "hard" with only 1 10" W7.

And for everyone that says "jl is only hype/brand/overprice" , "go with cheaper subs", I don't buy that. 15" and 18" inch subs? like seriously? you might as well throw a fucking live audio PA system inside your car.

so name over use?

you: i got a jl 8) it sounds nice and cost me a ton 8)

friend: OHH i got a dc xl 10 just as good plays louder and lower..but it cost less and you don't know them...

you: well mine is brand name.

friend: but mine better?

you: no mine a brand name

hmm i see your point, sound like a fucking woman.

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

its your money spend it how you want. just dont be pissed when someone who spent less than you is louder and sounds better doing it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

And for everyone that says "jl is only hype/brand/overprice" , "go with cheaper subs", I don't buy that. 15" and 18" inch subs? like seriously? you might as well throw a fucking live audio PA system inside your car.

Then explain to me using correct engineering terminology (not JL's bullshit sales-pitch jargon they have on their site) what is better in a W7 compared to any other sub on the market. If you want to justify your purchase and say other people are wrong and that you didn't buy it for the brand/hype of it and bought it for a technical reason then let me know what it is.

Also turn your gain down I'm not sure what you mean by 10 o clock but if I think of my gains turned to 10 o clock that's over 3/4 of the way up and you're cooking your coils. Also even IF JL will recone it when you blow it they are going to charge you an arm and leg because you bought it through an unauthorized dealer.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

as long as you didnt pirate your music and your HU isn't turned up excessively and your gains are set correctly, i don't think it's a clipping problem.

Heres my two cents. i always get worried that i'm clipping the shit outta my sub, sometimes just because it's loud. sometimes i smell what i think is coil, but is actually the smell of the box, spray paint (i'm cheap :pardon: ), caulking, wood glue, etc... my point being is that if the smell is subtle, then it could just be the smell of the box when the subwoofer is playing. smell the port (if ported) or the box when the sub is playing and when it's not playing. see if it smells similar.

also, smell it after a few hours of not bumping.

hope that helps! :drinks:

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

so name over use?

you: i got a jl 8) it sounds nice and cost me a ton 8)

friend: OHH i got a dc xl 10 just as good plays louder and lower..but it cost less and you don't know them...

you: well mine is brand name.

friend: but mine better?

you: no mine a brand name

hmm i see your point, sound like a fucking woman.

I lol'd :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack

audio coming soon

Archived