Sonic Electronix

JL Audio / Studio Six Digital Iphone App vs. Termlab meter

Did you even test it on your system? Like I said before, you have to calibrate the app's mic sensitivity. If you know what you average on the dash, then you go into the app's Application Setup and change the Mic Calibration to over 70.0 or however much, so that it reads about the same number as the termlab from the same dash location.

I set the mic calibration to 70.0 and snapped my finger in front of the speaker on the iphone and registered a 148. The mic calibration adds db's to the reading. Normally if it was at 0 my room noise would be 33 db or so, if calibrate to 100, it would show 133 db. The frequency response is between 20hz-20khz.

When calibrated this does not replace the termlab, because it's what's used in competition. Since it is free, it gives competitors with access to an iphone, a general idea of where his or her system could be hitting at, if they don't have access or time to get to a termlab to test it.

If you want to learn about the company and other equipment they've developed: http://www.studiosixdigital.com

So if I tell it I'm hitting 160 dB's then it'll believe me and boost my numbers? Well this seems like an awfully easy way to get a better score. :bull:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

If I had access to a termlab, or either professional meter I would test it out myself. No need to get angry over a request.

Also, JL Audio wouldn't be sponsoring an app if they didn't consider it somewhat useful.

I did 5 frequency tests using audacity and my iphone, 30hz 400hz, 4000hz, and 8000hz. The app detected each frequency on point.

Sensai, I think you meant to say measure sound pressure levels as in db. Otherwise you measure pressure or compressed air in psi. And to measure sound you have a mic, and the iphone has a mic. And you need a graph or way of measuring the input sound, the iphone has a script that tells the built in computer to plot the input sound on a pre-selected graph based on a format that the factory implemented as to how the data is handled.

Maxim, the app is not going to show a higher number unless it's improperly calibrated. If you hit a 149 on the termlab, what gain in db does the app's mic calibration need to be to show 149, in the same exact scenario?

Guys, you can question my intelligence, and knock this app, but I'm simply requesting someone to test it against a termlab, with proper calibration to the app to prove whether it would be considered a useful too or not.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

If I had access to a termlab, or either professional meter I would test it out myself. No need to get angry over a request.

Also, JL Audio wouldn't be sponsoring an app if they didn't consider it somewhat useful.

I did 5 frequency tests using audacity and my iphone, 30hz 400hz, 4000hz, and 8000hz. The app detected each frequency on point.

Sensai, I think you meant to say measure sound pressure levels as in db. Otherwise you measure pressure or compressed air in psi. And to measure sound you have a mic, and the iphone has a mic. And you need a graph or way of measuring the input sound, the iphone has a script that tells the built in computer to plot the input sound on a pre-selected graph based on a format that the factory implemented as to how the data is handled.

Maxim, the app is not going to show a higher number unless it's improperly calibrated. If you hit a 149 on the termlab, what gain in db does the app's mic calibration need to be to show 149, in the same exact scenario?

Guys, you can question my intelligence, and knock this app, but I'm simply requesting someone to test it against a termlab, with proper calibration to the app to prove whether it would be considered a useful too or not.

First, I don't think I need any lesson's on how an "app" works or how the "script" tells the built in computer to plot the input sound on a pre-selected graph because I never knew that scripts actually told "computers" what to do :unknw:

Second, there is no need to test this "app" vs a termlab. Simply scream into your "app" and see if it registers "db" ? I'm assuming it does, if you do that on a termlab it will read nothing, why you ask, well I'm sure it's because the termlab reads PRESSURE which is why it doesn't make a difference if you have your mids/highs playing when making a run in bassrace or dbdrag. But then again what the hell do I know :unknw: . I mean if I'm able to download this free "app" that has a script that tells the "computer" what to do for free and all I have to do is calibrate it with the termlab then I have just save my self a bunch of money by switching to Geico, I mean this app.

:ninja:

P.S I am not angry, actually I'm in a good mood today, trust me you don't want to see me when I'm angry :)

Thanks you for reading this and you have a wonderful day! :drinks:

This "app" is going to put Wayne Harris out of business as we know it!!!!

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

the termlab uses a sensor. not a mic.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

the termlab uses a sensor. not a mic.

Doesn't matter, all we have to do is calibrate the "app" and were good. Free termlabs for everyone, Thanks JL Audio :drinks:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

First, I don't think I need any lesson's on how an "app" works or how the "script" tells the built in computer to plot the input sound on a pre-selected graph because I never knew that scripts actually told "computers" what to do :unknw:

Second, there is no need to test this "app" vs a termlab. Simply scream into your "app" and see if it registers "db" ? I'm assuming it does, if you do that on a termlab it will read nothing, why you ask, well I'm sure it's because the termlab reads PRESSURE which is why it doesn't make a difference if you have your mids/highs playing when making a run in bassrace or dbdrag. But then again what the hell do I know :unknw: . I mean if I'm able to download this free "app" that has a script that tells the "computer" what to do for free and all I have to do is calibrate it with the termlab then I have just save my self a bunch of money by switching to Geico, I mean this app.

:ninja:

P.S I am not angry, actually I'm in a good mood today, trust me you don't want to see me when I'm angry :)

Thanks you for reading this and you have a wonderful day! :drinks:

This "app" is going to put Wayne Harris out of business as we know it!!!!

x2. dont know him but i seen him in a VERY bad mood, lets just say that if you piss him off, youll be gone quicker than leaving a chick from a one night stand(...did that make sense? lol)

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Try also the true RTA with your computer´s mic, way better than a termlab!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

That's funny.

I may try to go by TC Audio at noon and see if they have a mic I can compare it to, and do a little video test.

You "may" try. You're only proving you have no idea what you're talking about every time you post. If you have to set the calibration to a known score received on a termlab...why then do you need to use this app???

Feel free to draw your own conclusion, just don't be upset when the drawing is fail.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived