Sonic Electronix

As the title say I have several questions about car audio.

Question 1. I am planning on upgrading my stock radio to the Pioneer AVH-P3300BT. I was wondering if there were any big negatives to this headunit.

Question 2. I have an older Apline Type R. The sub is a 15" 4 ohm sub. What is the highest power rated amp that I can run on my sub safely without blowing it.

Question 3. I still have my stock battery in my car I do not really desire to add a second battery to the car just really would like to have one good one. What battery would you suggest I run.

Question 4. I would like to know what kind of SPL numbers my system is making. I was looking at MECA's website and there aren't really any close events to me I live in Louisville, KY. I kind of would like to get involved in these kind of competitions but as a 17 year old can't travel too far from home. I was wondering if there were any local events or anything of that nature that I could start into.

thanks for the help.

Edited by GTOguy

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz

Check Out my build log

Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny

your sub should take 750 rms. give or take.

as for asking what output your gonna get.... fuck if anyone knows its all about the setup.

and your 17 rebel make a trip to the comps parents will get over hell i know mine do

chevrolet all day er day.

'81 camaro z28 performance

'03 silverado ext cab show and go

Dependant on how much you can spend, cheaper side go with a kicker ZX750.1, if you got some penny to throw down, I would get the RF T500.1bdcp. SPL scores will change completely from set up to set up. as for batteries, if you're only going to be running one of those amps, you should be fine with a stock battery but the Big 3 upgrade would help. If you do want a battery, XS a yelowtop can do the job.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

thats a really good choice on the headunit. ^he answered the second question for you. an XS power or a kinetic would be a good choice for a battery. the best way to find a local event would be to go to some of your local stereo shops and asking them

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Kinetic was the other brand I was thinking of but it was stuck!

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Dependant on how much you can spend, cheaper side go with a kicker ZX750.1, if you got some penny to throw down, I would get the RF T500.1bdcp. SPL scores will change completely from set up to set up. as for batteries, if you're only going to be running one of those amps, you should be fine with a stock battery but the Big 3 upgrade would help. If you do want a battery, XS a yelowtop can do the job.

since when is the kicker zx750.1 the cheaper side! haha!:P

i was powering my 10" Type R at 1000rms off a Alpine MRP-M1000@ 2ohms, so anything from 500-750rms for you would work easily, dont skimp out on y0our amp, but you dont need to spend 500$ for 500-750watt amp lol , get atleast 4gauge wire, and stock electrical normally is good for 800-900rms or so. im pushing 1700rms on stock electrical ... till about next week :D

EDIT: i just bought a Orion HCCA 2400 amp ( 1200rms @ 1 ohm, 800 @ 2 ohms ) for 200$.. so theres lots of good cheap choices to work with :)

Edited by adam6604

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

I would recommend grading to the big 3

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Sorry for the lack of response but the sub/amp has been hooked up and playing since January. I just wanted to see what amp I may want to upgrade to. I currently have a Pioneer GM-D7500M amp. It runs 400 watts rms and 800 watts peak I believe. Thanks for the help however and suggestions.

Edited by GTOguy

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz

Check Out my build log

Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny

As the title say I have several questions about car audio.

Question 1. I am planning on upgrading my stock radio to the Pioneer AVH-P3300BT. I was wondering if there were any big negatives to this headunit.

Question 2. I have an older Apline Type R. The sub is a 15" 4 ohm sub. What is the highest power rated amp that I can run on my sub safely without blowing it.

Question 3. I still have my stock battery in my car I do not really desire to add a second battery to the car just really would like to have one good one. What battery would you suggest I run.

Question 4. I would like to know what kind of SPL numbers my system is making. I was looking at MECA's website and there aren't really any close events to me I live in Louisville, KY. I kind of would like to get involved in these kind of competitions but as a 17 year old can't travel too far from home. I was wondering if there were any local events or anything of that nature that I could start into.

thanks for the help.

1. If I remember correctly, they don't do streaming bluetooth audio. That may be a negative to you. I don't like the front USB ports. That's a personal thing though.

2. 10 watts. If you improperly set it up, you can blow the woofer on way less than suggested wattage.

3. You'll probably be fine with the stock battery as long as you don't want to listen with the engine off for extended periods. Others have made good suggestions if you decide to upgrade. I'm running 1200 watts with my stock battery and have 0 voltage drop, even at idle. I think you'll be fine.

4. That's not something anyone can tell you over the internet. Everything is going to differ from car to car and install to install.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert