Second Skin Audio

SA's 12s sealed. Metered today not quite happy..

pull the rear deck. get one guy in the trunk and one in te bcak seat. find a semi dark area and start shining the light. if you can see any light coming through you arent sealed off well. trunks are a mother to get loud and id say with two entry level woofers you're doing alright in my eyes. how much power.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

alright i am runnin an saz3000d @ 1ohm.. we used an oscope to see where my headunit clipped at and the amp as well. The clean power wasnt really all that loud. Anyways when i metered we gave it a little under half gain. we gained half a db by opening the trunk, a full db by having him push on the rear window.. teggys do not have door pillars so that leaves room for alot of air to leak. and there was only two of us. i will post pics 2maro.. I already tore everything out today because i was not happy. I spent at least 6 hours on it and the setup is much better! moved box about 4 inches forward flush with the rear deck, then made the sides flush at an angle to where my seats could shut perfect. and with the box moved forward gives the amp so much more room to cool. The amp would always get hot just from sitting because its so close the the trunk lid.. Everything was sealed up tighter than a ticks ass btw when i originally did it. Im just glad i did all this by myself and learned cuz now i can rebuild and test out different things. cant wait to show you guys.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

if you gained when the trunk was open you are not sealed off

tuning/port area needs to be messed with if u want to meter better, if it sounds great daily dont worry about numbers

also some gain by having the box as far back as possible while still firing forward

try port/sub back while its all taken out too

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

If a car is sealed off from the trunk it can actually gain by the trunk being open. IH8PunkRok has his trunk sealed off and did a 141 flat then our team leader who has been competing for years asked him if he's ever metered with the trunk open and he said no why would that help. He responded and said the vortex theory. He re-ran and did a 141.8 with the trunk lid open.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

alright i am runnin an saz3000d @ 1ohm.. we used an oscope to see where my headunit clipped at and the amp as well. The clean power wasnt really all that loud. Anyways when i metered we gave it a little under half gain. we gained half a db by opening the trunk, a full db by having him push on the rear window.. teggys do not have door pillars so that leaves room for alot of air to leak. and there was only two of us. i will post pics 2maro.. I already tore everything out today because i was not happy. I spent at least 6 hours on it and the setup is much better! moved box about 4 inches forward flush with the rear deck, then made the sides flush at an angle to where my seats could shut perfect. and with the box moved forward gives the amp so much more room to cool. The amp would always get hot just from sitting because its so close the the trunk lid.. Everything was sealed up tighter than a ticks ass btw when i originally did it. Im just glad i did all this by myself and learned cuz now i can rebuild and test out different things. cant wait to show you guys.

pics pleaseeeee, i couldn't help but notice that your sig says you're running two 12" HDC3's?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I would try subs and port firing back before you go and seal if off again. I managed to do a 143.5 with my 2 sa 12s on a soundstream 2000D. My box is 4 cubes net tuned to 34hz with 50 square inches of port.

Does your current box play lows??

If that answer is yes, then you have the wrong box for numbers.

Vortex theory... Lol

Any pressure loss to the rear is bad, putting deadner over a hole is not sealing it off.

If you open the trunk and gain, then its not sealed. Simple.

Fuggin vortex, :horseshit: theory.

43 sucks balls on 3k btw

New box

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

As long as ur happy with it and dont compete numbers shouldnt be all that important. Im not a big fan of sealed off setups, but to each their own.

Back when i had my Solo X 12 i did a 43.6 on music at the headrest sub foward port to the side on a ZX2500 and i was quite happy with that setup for what it was. Just try different combos subs port back, subs forward port side, sub up port back. If ur trying to see a gain, ull find its sweet spot eventually.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

2nd time sealing it off, box is 4in forward, more room
for amp to breathe and nt get hot from sun.

Hopefully i see some better numbers.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Archived