Second Skin Audio

DC Audio lvl 5 vs. FI N3

bmxer13

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which sub would you choose?

just listen to these guys, they dont give a shit about SQ :3

also, neo subs are shit, never buy one, ferrite is the way to go.

edit: wtf do you mean that we're leaning towards the n3? its a terrrrrible sub for daily use, unless all you listen to is country and rock. high power handeling + shitty low end + terrible motor=good sub for daily?? i dont think so...

OP, look into the new SSA ZCON line. that'd be my 5 cents.

yet another user blowing smoke right out of his ass with no data to backup a single word he has said!

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

no problem,

if at all possible try to get some demos of the woofers your looking at, some people like DC and other do not. try to get some factual based information and sift out the rest thats mostly opinionated bullshit.

I never had any issues with any DC subs i ever owned and i owed 3 through 5 levels (they didnt have a 2 when i ran them.) They worked great for what they were, each of the subs were very comparable to another sub that was out at the time which isnt a bad thing.

Fi/AA are pretty much innovators in the industry, they are one of the companies that come up with new things that work and other companies copy them. Before that shitstorm starts, im not saying DC copys FI/AA.

I LOVE integrated tinsils, i LOVE that a company WILL NOT BUILD something if the product wont hold up to a standard and just make something bigger or smaller then needed just because someone asked for it. Hence we dont see 10" n3s hence we dont see 18" arsenals. I respect a company that is active themselfs giving info rather then opinion or misinformation from representatives. Yes Nick can be a cockfag sometimes but I've never seen him not answer a legitimate question with nothing but facutal based information.

ill say it. istn a level 5 based off an RE MT with a pole vent James.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

ill say it. istn a level 5 based off an RE MT with a pole vent James.

From what RUSTY told me the MT was based off the RE MT with a pole vent yielding 15-20 percent more motor force.

didnt realize that adding a pole vent added 20 percent motor force......

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

supposedly the motor has a little more force itself and the added vent as well. I'm far from an engineer so i cant for sure tell you one way or another. But i do know that they are comparable to a mayhem until you start pouring power on the 2.

xl...while people praise them for taking over 3k daily, i'd rate a havoc on rated power all day.

ive been told the N3 was for burps only. not to be used in a daily vehicle.

doesn't db don have n3 and say they are great on music

i have no idea what db don has or who he is. i really dont pay attention to other people's builds.

You should pay more attention... DB Don is one of the smartest and loudest guys on the forum... Lol...

OP, Go with DC, you won't be disappointed... Great sub, great customer service!!! WIN/WIN

i pay attention to builds that might help me. what someone does with a wall wont help me. i dont watch meade's videos, A team's, dbdon's, anyones. now ray with his 12"s doing a 153, THAT i pay attention to.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived