Sundown Audio

major help in deciding here please.. SERIOUS helpers only!!!

newls1

as some of you all may have seen, im starting back my audio project in my tahoe. I have to make an amp decision, and I kinda have to do it quickly as this offer may not be around for much longer. It will be powering 4 hdc3's 18's and looking for a few anwsers here!!! I might have the chance to get 1 DC Audio 5k amp for a good price, or for the same price I can get 2 Sundown 2500's and strap them @ 1/2 ohm each (Im sure they can do it!!!) when all for are connected I will have a 1ohm load, but after rise, Im sure strapping each amp @ 1/2 ohm will be perfect cause the rise will obviously cause the load to go up a little. WHAT DO I DO!!!!! Wait to see if the DC 5k will be sold to me, or go now and buy the 2 sundowns (With warrentte) and call it done???? Thanks

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

the 2 sundowns will be more power, as they are already a little underrated plus you will be running them lower than 1 ohm. thats what i would go with

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

I would go with the Sundowns just because of the warranty and also multiple amps will help control box rise more then a single amp setup

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

I would go with the Sundowns just because of the warranty and also multiple amps will help control box rise more then a single amp setup

x2 sundown

3d7304fe.jpg

1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140

Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800

(4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200

XS D6500 $245.65

PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430

Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60

Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85

A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!

as some of you all may have seen, im starting back my audio project in my tahoe. I have to make an amp decision, and I kinda have to do it quickly as this offer may not be around for much longer. It will be powering 4 hdc3's 18's and looking for a few anwsers here!!! I might have the chance to get 1 DC Audio 5k amp for a good price, or for the same price I can get 2 Sundown 2500's and strap them @ 1/2 ohm each (Im sure they can do it!!!) when all for are connected I will have a 1ohm load, but after rise, Im sure strapping each amp @ 1/2 ohm will be perfect cause the rise will obviously cause the load to go up a little. WHAT DO I DO!!!!! Wait to see if the DC 5k will be sold to me, or go now and buy the 2 sundowns (With warrentte) and call it done???? Thanks

The 5ks are beasts. I've seen some killer numbers after rise so either way you go I'm sure you will happy. If it were me I would go with the 5k that way it's a simple upgrade path should you decide to.

Ask Derrick about them, there are some guys down in Columbus getting some ridiculous numbers out of them. Obviously you would do well with SD as well, but I just think 1 amp is easier. If you think you will go in another direction though, you know the resale on SD is plain stupid (good that is).

I assume the 2500's you're talking about are from the used sale? Used w/ warranty that is?

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/10634-used-b-stock-refurbished-amps-and-misc/

What ohm load would the DC 5K be at? 1 before rise? Should be just fine... I'm thinking you might get more out of the 2 Sundowns though... Just because of how you will be running them... Plus you'll have a warranty, which is always good in our hobby, cuz shit happens... lol... I say do the Sundowns if you have the room...

What warranty? If it broke it was obviously your fault... :pardon:

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

i would vote the two sundowns. BUT the 2500's were not made by zenon, i believe, and im basing this off my zenon 1500s. i ran the saz1500's at .5ohm strapped rose to ~2.3ohm and got a 150.4. then i went to two zenon 3k's at .5 each and gained 1 db. so i think the lower impedance helped a lot. you just cant be mad if you smoke them.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

as much as i wanna see the sexy ass dc 5k in that beast i think you will get more power out of the sundowns simply because your wiring them lower...either amp would do really good in that situation though so its not like your going to be unhappy with either choice

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

OK, let me see if were all on the same page here? Plus I need all the help I can get! The drivers are still on my order list so I need help figuring out if I need D1's or D2's?? The way I was wanting to wire them what all 4 together, and strap amps to each other, so only 2 speaker wires will be connected to amp, and since there strapped, 1 amp controls the other, so tuning wont be a hassle.....am I correct here? If all this sounds right, IM HITTING THE "BUY IT NOW" BUTTON ASAP

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny