haha who isnt!? :P but yeah i got some 2GA for my big 3 upgrades, 2$/ft seemed pretty good to me lol and i think its pure copper, not sure though. looks like it haha

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

Ughh forgot had car show in haine city this weekend. But still going to try to upgrade class d wiring just put some open lip whatever you call it on the wire hooking up to amp. Tommorow Ill see which battery is good. If Im remembering right those batterys are twice the size in amps as my jeeps right now. the battery i have is around 450 amps. Anyway there isnt any spl contests in polk county. Ive seen one thats it. No one on this site lives even close enough for me to kick them 10 bucks for gas money haha.

2001 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

Sorry about the lower DB man but thats still a good number. The box that 727 helped me with let me hit a 144.9. I only got a 1500rms amp too. You might ask him for some help. Otherwise, Looking good and keep up the good work.

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

Give me a few mins let me call him and see. All it was was a handheld meter, didnt run into a computer. Turned the highs down so I could tell output of bass. But right now It doesnt have good wires running to it, needs a good 4gauge wiring, most likely big three and better battery and alternator. Cant afford most of that right now though, schools coming up and Got to get all my crap ready for school. Bout at the lest i could afford is the 4gauge wiring. All i need is bout 20 ft of 4 gauge. Have a ANL fuse holder for class d.

EDIT: SPL Meter was a Larson Davis

I wouldn't trust any meter that didn't use pressure sensors to measure SPL in my vehicles. Mics really don't work that well. TermLab or SPL Lab.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Sorry about the lower DB man but thats still a good number. The box that 727 helped me with let me hit a 144.9. I only got a 1500rms amp too. You might ask him for some help. Otherwise, Looking good and keep up the good work.

yeah man i deffinetly was bummed to see a 139.8.. but 6berry just designed me up a box that i'll check out, maybe ill get 727 to check it over just incase :P

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Bushwacker fender flares

for whoever actually likes this thread, here's some updates :

august19001.jpg

ran all 1/0 Tsunami wire, finally lol

august19003.jpg

august19004.jpg

installed my new Kinetik HC1400 in a temporary little box lol

august19007.jpg

first comp! ran a 139.8 ( didnt get the .8 in picture i guess lol )

august19013.jpg

first trophy, first comp, first place.. hell ya!

003-1.jpg

also won a Auditor RIP 12" sub from a raffle at the comp , not sure what to do with it lol

Bushwacker fender flares

going to be buying supplies to build a new box tomorrow hopefully, this box is way to big and hits the lows funny, its really peaky.

so 6berry designed me a box ( THANKS! ) so hopefully it works out better !

box9v2.jpg

also, my friend is buying my Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D amp, so i need to look for a 2k+rms amp @ 2 ohms..so far i haven't had much luck except for a MA AUDIO Hk4000, which does " 4000rms @ 2 ohms " not sure how well that does.. lol

Bushwacker fender flares

i had one of those amps way back in the day. wasn't really a fan of it, and pretty sure it's rated at that power at 16 volts, if i remember correctly.

also, for the box i'd change that little piece in the middle of the port at the back into a couple 45's. imo it doesn't do anything better than not having it there. the 45's will help 'guide' the air out more smoothly

good idea, yea i will do that..

hah yeah i think its at 16V amp is way to small just i really cant find an amp that does 2000rms at 2 ohms and isn't like super expensive lol

Bushwacker fender flares

i had one of those amps way back in the day. wasn't really a fan of it, and pretty sure it's rated at that power at 16 volts, if i remember correctly.

also, for the box i'd change that little piece in the middle of the port at the back into a couple 45's. imo it doesn't do anything better than not having it there. the 45's will help 'guide' the air out more smoothly

yep i forgot to include that in the drawing but youll probably have the best air flow if you roundover the top of that divider then put 45's or pvc roundovers on the bottom corners. i put that divider there because 45's reaching the bottom of the port walls would choke the port a little bit and i wasnt sure if it was a problem if the 45's were lower than the bottom of the port

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Archived