Sonic Electronix

Why is my system playing at 8-10 Ohms instead of 1 Ohm like it should be?

Its the right DMM but it looks like its not good enough to tell what the ohm is when its playing. I think its just my dmm because i just checked again and it reads 1.7 ohms when the systems off

1990 Nissan 300zx Twin Turbo - Summer Ride(No system yet, lookin to get it up to 450-500 horse first!)2006 Chevy Malibu - Daily DriverDC Level 5 15", 2 APSM-1500's, 3.88 cu. ft. tuned to 32hz1992 Honda Prelude - SOLD2 18" TC 3hp Woofers on a Crescendo BC3500.1d, 12.7 cu. ft. tuned to 35hz7r.png

your speakers impedance changes and fluctuates when your system is playing ... the impedance will also change if you just push the speakers in ... you want to read the ohm load with system off no music playing subs just sitting idle

You can't check it while it's playing. Accurately anyway.

what he said. when you measure resistance with a dmm the dmm sends a small ammount of electricty through whatever you are trying to measure. if you measure resistance while your circut is livethere is a huge countervoltage on the meter, big countervoltage= blown up meter. i see it happen all the time. you might have gotten lucky and your meter might have survived. if so always remember never measure resistance of a live circut.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc