Chodes Heavy Chevy DC Build

I bet you would see a decent gain if you took the panel off and second skined the shit out of that door so it was smooth. Maybe even talk to ric and see what he thinks about maybe cutting a sonotube and putting it at the bottom of the door after you remove the panel. I would bet you see a gain worth all your time and then some

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

at the end of the platform you could just put up a wall infront of the cubby hole. :shrug:

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

pull the cubby out. fill it with foam.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I bet you would see a decent gain if you took the panel off and second skined the shit out of that door so it was smooth. Maybe even talk to ric and see what he thinks about maybe cutting a sonotube and putting it at the bottom of the door after you remove the panel. I would bet you see a gain worth all your time and then some

im probably gonna do something about that wall...i asked Ric about a loading wall or just putting a board there and he wasnt too fond of the idea

Sweet ride your second set of wheels is super nice. How'd you keep the batt in the pick in place? Is it in a case or something?

thanks man. and the batt is in there pretty snug. pretty much the cut out holds it in place and the tension of the wires help hold it in place. also my seat when leaned back (how i drive) holds it in place as well.

at the end of the platform you could just put up a wall infront of the cubby hole. :shrug:

i was thinking of that

pull the cubby out. fill it with foam.

i dont really wanna use foam

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Damn nice build chode! I sure didn't expect those numbers with that port configuration...

how far is the port from the door? And did you leave the door panel on with the cubbyhole in the bottom and everything else? Not sure if the Chevy's have those in the rear doors. I dig the one off roof top console and floor one, really sets it off

:)

I've been doing a lot of testing with port configurations, loading walls, sub firing directions... etc. For these types of trucks I have found the best configuration accross the testing with only one exception. It's EXTREMELY MUSICAL playing just about everything... I have a similar design/setup in my 04 Dodge Ram Quad Cab does a 152.9dB with two DD3515, Batcap 2000, Excessive Amperage alternator and a Sundown Audio 3500d...

of note... I have a DD m3 in there now (2050 watt amp) still doing a 151.7dB...Nick sat in the truck with me... with doors open, all windows down playing music I still pulled a 151.0 :)

Damn nice build chode! I sure didn't expect those numbers with that port configuration...

how far is the port from the door? And did you leave the door panel on with the cubbyhole in the bottom and everything else? Not sure if the Chevy's have those in the rear doors. I dig the one off roof top console and floor one, really sets it off

I've been doing a lot of testing with port configurations, loading walls, sub firing directions... etc. For these types of trucks I have found the best configuration accross the testing with only one exception. It's EXTREMELY MUSICAL playing just about everything... I have a similar design/setup in my 04 Dodge Ram Quad Cab does a 152.9dB with two DD3515, Batcap 2000, Excessive Amperage alternator and a Sundown Audio 3500d...

of note... I have a DD m3 in there now (2050 watt amp) still doing a 151.7dB...Nick sat in the truck with me... with doors open, all windows down playing music I still pulled a 151.0 :)

nice work Ric. earlier somebody asked specs on this box, and i was wondering the same. chode doesnt know, but the man who designed and built it is here, so maybe he can answer this question :pardon:

Alpine CDA-9886Hertz Mille 3 ways active

Hertz SPL Show 8's

2 Audison Voce Quattro's2 DC Audio M2 Level 5 12'sDC Audio 12.0KKnuKonceptz Wiring4 XS Power D3100'sDC Power 390XPSecond Skin Damplifier Pro and Dynamat Xtreme

Esy3YgK.jpg

nice work Ric. earlier somebody asked specs on this box, and i was wondering the same. chode doesnt know, but the man who designed and built it is here, so maybe he can answer this question :pardon:

it's a ported box.

lmao

that's all you're gettin from me. :)

Archived