Custom sound system?

you could always ghetto rig something up with a car headunit and some speakers out of a car. that would proably be your cheapest bet. the only speakers i know of that actualy flush mount into the cieling are bose speakers, and you are talking OUTRAGEOUS ammounst of money for those bastards. other than that im useless in this topic. lol, but hopefuly someone else chimes in here, because i am curious as well.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

You can flush mount any speaker into your ceiling, just the cost and time to make it fit flush.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

you could always ghetto rig something up with a car headunit and some speakers out of a car. that would proably be your cheapest bet. the only speakers i know of that actualy flush mount into the cieling are bose speakers, and you are talking OUTRAGEOUS ammounst of money for those bastards. other than that im useless in this topic. lol, but hopefuly someone else chimes in here, because i am curious as well.

<_< .. i was gunna do that .. lol!

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

boston acoustics makes flush mount ceiling speakers. you can probably find them from a lot of companies

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

You could do a small media computer with a touchscreen similar to what Meade did in the Tahoe. Small HTPC with a big ass hard drive built into the wall or in a cabinet somewhere. Then grab a touchscreen, mount it wherever the hell you want, and wire the HTPC into a receiver. Run your wires and either flush-mount your speakers of your choice or go buy flush mount ones.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

There are hundreds of companies that make (and have been making for years) flush mount in-ceiling speakers. Even MTX, Polk, Pioneer, etc make in-cieling home speakers. If you are a car audio guy I would hope you are familiar with those brands. In-ceiling speakers have been around so long that there are also ultra cheap brands out there with all kinds of garbage (hey, sounds a lot like the car audio business). You can get them as cheap as $30 each, maybe even less.

As far as 10" touchpanels that go in your wall, there are many of these available too except you are talking a whole different price level than even what you would consider pricey home audio. Companies like Extron, Crestron and AMX all produce these panels.

Mounting a car audio head unit in the wall of a house.....thanks for the laugh, I needed a good one today.

hey guyz.. has anyone seen the home audio systems where the headunit is like a 10 inch touchscreen that gets mounted into the wall of your home, with ceiling speakers flush mounted in the ceiling? How much do they cost? and where could i find them? thanks.

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.

go to a best buy magnolia store if you have one nearby. they might know something about that.

however, all of the things that would be specifically made to do just that would be outrageously pricey, and meant for much larger applications than what you sound like you're trying to do.

IMO, you could design something yourself that would do what you're trying to do.

i'm thinking either a computer (if they make touchscreen computers) or something like an iPad for controls.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Really you can actually get this setup for cheap. Check our a russound collage system. It's not a 10" screen but it's a in wall controller that has a built in amp for up to 4 I'm ceilings. Perfect for your bedroom, pool area, bathroom or even your game area. Urc Also has a bunch of stuff for either in wall touchpanels on desktop setups!

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

Archived