Second Skin Audio

what am i doing wrong?

so ive built several boxes. i built but seems like the ones i built for myself never have the lows that the ones i built for my friends do. like my friend had 2 massive audio dc-10's and i built it and there was a definite difference in the way the lows were between that and my 3 12's the 2 10's sounded/played the lows 10x's better. both tuned around the same. the low 30's i did a box for 2 powerbass 15's bout a year ago. and had the same problem as the 3 12's so any ideas what im doing wrong? i always have at least 12^2in per ^3ft seems like a reoccurring problem. you guys thing its just all the boxes i build for my self are just to small?

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

its car dependent is the exact same car? i had a truck no matter what you tuned it to it would peak at 50+ hz and not play lows well at all untill i walled with a lot of power and made it play lows

some cars play lows way better than others

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

What subs are you running? What size box did you design for them? How are you determining tuning? Just an inch or two off could be difference between 30 hz tuning and 38 hz tuning on some designs.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

What subs are you running? What size box did you design for them? How are you determining tuning? Just an inch or two off could be difference between 30 hz tuning and 38 hz tuning on some designs.

im saying its the car

res freq ftl

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

well my box for 3 12's is in my build log. its a 91 sonoma extended cab. port towards driverside strait and there are no bends. no. but the 10's have been in in a accent and i forgot what the other car was. and the 15's were in a 03 focus. then a s10 extended cab. in the s10 lows were alittle better but still were not all that good.

and im using the calculator that is pinned in this section

Edited by jake1993

Jacob Sigmund

1 dc level 4 m1 18

1 audiopipe ap1500

2 runs of knu 1/0

jake1993sig.jpg

Alex Bennington" <[email protected] ^^^ want one one email this guy he will hook you up!

why do you people tune so damn high? rarely ever do i tune my customers enclosures above 30hz o_o

give me your spacial demensions, and the subs you're running, and i'll be able to tell you where you're going wrong, also, TBA, thats very untrue. i happen to know someone with a truck that has a res.f of 31hz :)

walls dont mean shit for the res.f of a vehicle, soundproofing and dampening do, i hate when people like you spread misinformation like that. Mr. meade can play into the 20hz range pretty damn well, and he doesnt have anything close to a wall.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

why do you people tune so damn high? rarely ever do i tune my customers enclosures above 30hz o_o

give me your spacial demensions, and the subs you're running, and i'll be able to tell you where you're going wrong, also, TBA, thats very untrue. i happen to know someone with a truck that has a res.f of 31hz :)

walls dont mean shit for the res.f of a vehicle, soundproofing and dampening do, i hate when people like you spread misinformation like that. Mr. meade can play into the 20hz range pretty damn well, and he doesnt have anything close to a wall.

good to see you're still yourself even though you ditched your other screen name. Wanna get this started too?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i had to sign in to ask if you really design people's boxs?

Without being very experienced myself, I think many think the tuning freq. itself is what desides how it will play, and isn't aware that it's only part of the equation to get the desired response.