Sonic Electronix

Also isnt each SMD woofer numbered when its made? as each one is specially made by AA? Someone correct me if Im wrong. Not to mention the woofer costs a nice lil bit the amps and wiring and batteries need to push these massive subs are really expensive. Also got to have a big enough ride to fit them and their box haha. Arent they meant mainly for DB comps and just glass shattering bass?

The first 100 were numbered and signed.

And my .02 is that the sub simply is designed for SQ. Believe that or not... but it is. The only reason it is put into SPL applications is because of its name.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Cuz everyone knows ES EM DEES aren't comp moofers... We all know that PYLE is where its at!!! :tool:

This

MECP MASTER CEA208509

Proud employee of Alarms, ETC in lakeland, FL

ASE certified

2002 Tacoma:

4 RF P3 15s @ 28hz

2 RF T1500-1bdcps

2 pair Kicker QS

4 Pair RF Power 6s

3 RF p400-4

1 RF p200-2

ALP CDA-9887

Even typing on YouTube the number of people with them is very small..

That's cause their $900+ a pop dude, can you drop 1800 on a pair of subs? How about $3000 on amps to push them? $500 on batteries? 250-300 in wiring? $130 on wood $50 on terminals and that's for cheapos.... do some math high quality stuff cost big bucks... And that's if you do it yourself, theses are not kicker cvrs. Not trying to be brash but it sounds like you didn't research at all before you came in here vomiting info

Have a nice day :)

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RF 400-4 Runs off dedicated 4 awg ofc

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Boston S60 6.5 components

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

No deadener :/

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

Also isnt each SMD woofer numbered when its made? as each one is specially made by AA? Someone correct me if Im wrong. Not to mention the woofer costs a nice lil bit the amps and wiring and batteries need to push these massive subs are really expensive. Also got to have a big enough ride to fit them and their box haha. Arent they meant mainly for DB comps and just glass shattering bass?

The first 100 were numbered and signed.

And my .02 is that the sub simply is designed for SQ. Believe that or not... but it is. The only reason it is put into SPL applications is because of its name.

Damn beat me to it

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RF 400-4 Runs off dedicated 4 awg ofc

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Rear

Soundstream BX-15

4x Sundown SA8 v1.5

Crescendo BC3500D

2.4 net 28hz

4 runs of 0 gauge

Big 3

HC2400

700ca up front

Singer 350 Amp Alt

No deadener :/

Scytek Galaxy Alarm

The SMD wasn't made for competing, it was made to be very musical for daily use. The main reasons it isn't used would probably be that it is pricey, and most importantly, You cannot recone one yourself, the whole coil and softparts part of the woofer has to be matched to that woofer. Competitors like woofers that are reasonably priced and easy to recone at home. Oh and it hasn't been around all that long.

Edited by Autruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

georgiaspl, on 15 August 2011 - 07:40 PM, said:

Even typing on YouTube the number of people with them is very small..

That's cause their $900+ a pop dude, can you drop 1800 on a pair of subs? How about $3000 on amps to push them? $500 on batteries? 250-300 in wiring? $130 on wood $50 on terminals and that's for cheapos.... do some math high quality stuff cost big bucks... And that's if you do it yourself, theses are not kicker cvrs. Not trying to be brash but it sounds like you didn't research at all before you came in here vomiting info

Have a nice day

Didn't do my research? You act as if other systems (fi btl's, nightshades, mojos, w7, ia wardens, dc level 4's or 5's etc) dont need expensive amps, batteries, alternators, wiring etc. Get real son

there is a build log on here cant find now but its i think 4 or 6 smd 15s so some peaple do use them for big spl builds

People have confused SPL and Ground Pounding too much in this thread. <_<

this guy is doing a compition style spl build its nasty if i could find it

SKAR_728x90-2.jpg