Got pulled over 3 times for HID's in the last 2 weeks?

I have the 55w 6k kit from ddm, and have yet to be pulled over. They're in stock housings as well. Once you get the 6k's you should be good to go.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

After doing some quick research, there technically is no law federally on whether they are illegal! But on the other had, state-wise, each state has their own laws, that federal has not passed.

So basically aim your lights downward, and dont me a dick! If the lights are not aimed correctly they can be blinding to other drivers and thats why you are to get pulled over.

With, factory cars being equiped its highly doubtful they have an exception towards any law. So it seems to be a state law, and not federal! I also talked to a friend who is a cop, he said,that if vehicles are equiped with HIDs and they are a purple or any other color other than white or faint blue or light yellow, those are illegal. So you have a maximum brightness of 8-10k!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HID-Bulb-Replacements-Pair

15 bucks... lol, no need to get a full hid kit again

change the color down to something more of a normal color, and let us know if you still get fucked with..

i would pull you over for rockin blue/purple HIDs as well if i was a cop..

my DDM bulbs are 35w 8k, and they're not really that blue. more white than blue. they say 55w are one shade lower at the same temp, so his could be similar to mine (not sure of his brand tho)

however i think 55w bulbs are too bright for headlights. 35w is also way brighter than stock, and people hate those. 55w is like a spotlight. i hate the purple, pink, green, super blue and yellow headlights too. ugh

Please post a picture of your vehicle with it's lights on at a wall so we can see it. Better yet park behind another car the same distance you would be driving and take a picture.

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Dont feel bad bro... Around where i live if you get 3 tickets for the same thing within a year they impound your ride for 15 days... Ten you pay for all 3 tickets plus storage fees...

Also HID's are illegal because they arent stock and they are bright and blinding as fuck so thats why they are illegal

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Slight threadjack, but the reason HIDs are considered illegal is because of jackasses who just put them in and didn't aim them properly, or at all. The law should have been "illegal to have mis-aimed headlights", since anyone can have poorly aimed headlights. But because these idiots gotta get the 12k 55w then don't bother to align them, we all get screwed. And blamed. Hence the law is "any headlight modifications not available on the vehicle as stock from the factory" or words to that effect.

It's always the idiots that screw it up for the rest of us and make us look bad.

/rant

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Most of the HID kit companys have little disclaimers that state "for off road use only" because they're all illegal. Brightness is determined by wattage (55w 35w etc..) Color is determined by kelvin. 4k ~ 6k is the sweet spot that you want to aim for. 10k is blue and will get you tickets no doubt. IIRC first offense is $250 for "unapproved equipment." Here is a pic for comparison:

3K, 3K, 4K, 4K,

5K, 5K, 6K, 6K,

8K, 8K, 10K, 10K,

12K, 12K, 3K, 3K,

HIDcolor-1.jpg

They may look "kool" but they'll just get you tickets, just get the right color. Im not gunna open the "your gunna blind people" can of worms... Just aim them properly and you should be in business.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

55w is very very bright i see why they pulled u over, 10k35w would have been fine,imo i dont think i will ever go over 8k again. unless its on my motorcycle/quad itll be 12k+ cuz they look nice

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Archived