Sonic Electronix

Why so much dislike for Kicker?

Ya, I guess if you work for a company you should tell everyone that your product is not very good. Hmmm, that makes sense.

It's not Kicker's fault, its the people that work at Kicker's fault?!? What is the difference???

BTW, Kicker reps are not Kicker employees. They are independent businesses that rep Kicker along with other lines.

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.

I've been a kicker fan my whole life before kicker became "the cool brand to buy". Everyone has a preference when it comes to what they like. I've been using kickers before everyone and there mother in high school bought them. I have a kicker setup now with 2 15's and 2 12's. People will buy what they like and what sounds best to them and performs best. The people now a days who start into the bass world now dont research they just go and buy themselves a set of kickers and think there hot shit. Every kid I've met over the last 6 months that has a kicker setup thinks there setup is the loudest. Kicker has made these children arrogant. So I slowly pull next to them and just let a little of my bass show them there still bottom of the barrel.

Build: 1999 Ford Expedition

Custom Grill

Angel Eyes Head Lights

Carbon Fiber Tail Lights

Cold Air Intake

Carbon Fiber Dash Trim

JVC Arsenal KW-ADV793

Hifonics 2400 Brutus

2 12" Kicker Solo L7's

2 15" Kicker Solo L7's

Rockford 0/1 Gauge with 300A fuse

http://www.facebook.com/Kamden.da.don

He didn't say anything about people who work for kicker. He means the people use kicker in their vehicle.

lol, sorry, I took "run" as meaning "running the company". Still, I have Kicker in my truck and I think it is pretty good. I am not going to say that its not or else why would I buy it.

I have a project car and Kicker is the last brand that I would use, because that is the car that is going to the shows, etc.

Daewoo Leganza with Commodore 64 installed in the dash.

I guess their amps is ok but only 2 ohm stable? Im good.

What is wrong w/ 2ohm, if that's what someone needs?

Kicker is a solid brand with a solid reputation and costumer service. You dont start a franchise that last as long as kickers been around by building crap and not getting the job done

This^^^

True Mario your the only guy I know that has goodluck with kicker lol

:orly3:

In my opinion, they are PERFECT for what they are. ENTRY LEVEL EQUIPMENT. They build subs that can handle the noobs. I think about how many kids buy their first subs and clip them all to hell! Probably 9 out of 10 Kickers you see are either being clipped or something! Sure there are lots of stuff better, but for the average joe blow - Kicker IS the best for them.

And yeah it does get annoying when noobs think they are loud.

I know I aint loud... YET!

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

I guess their amps is ok but only 2 ohm stable? Im good.

What is wrong w/ 2ohm, if that's what someone needs?

Kicker is a solid brand with a solid reputation and costumer service. You dont start a franchise that last as long as kickers been around by building crap and not getting the job done

This^^^

True Mario your the only guy I know that has goodluck with kicker lol

:orly3:

In my opinion, they are PERFECT for what they are. ENTRY LEVEL EQUIPMENT. They build subs that can handle the noobs. I think about how many kids buy their first subs and clip them all to hell! Probably 9 out of 10 Kickers you see are either being clipped or something! Sure there are lots of stuff better, but for the average joe blow - Kicker IS the best for them.

And yeah it does get annoying when noobs think they are loud.

I know I aint loud... YET!

and why pay high end prices for entry level equipment..

thats my biggest issue...

for the same price, i can get something that performs 100 times better, and if it blows and is out of warranty period, i can recone it, unlike 99% of kickers subs...

if i was going to pay DD prices for entry level equipment, why not just buy DD shit and kill the entry level stuff out of the water...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

and why pay high end prices for entry level equipment..

thats my biggest issue...

for the same price, i can get something that performs 100 times better, and if it blows and is out of warranty period, i can recone it, unlike 99% of kickers subs...

if i was going to pay DD prices for entry level equipment, why not just buy DD shit and kill the entry level stuff out of the water...

That answer is EASY!

The reason is that most noobs have NO CLUE how or where to get DC, or DD, or fi, or A LOT of other brands!

They are harder to find. But we ALL know KICKER is available ANYWHERE!

THAT is why SO many noobs go w/them. Availability.

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

But he isnt asking why the noobs shouldnt buy them, but for people with the available information to me its an easy decision. Especially if you're willing to buy used...DC lvl 4 or an FI BL or an AA chaos over some $200 sub from kicker's entry level...yeah, give me the non mainstream please.

But he isnt asking why the noobs shouldnt buy them, but for people with the available information to me its an easy decision. Especially if you're willing to buy used...DC lvl 4 or an FI BL or an AA chaos over some $200 sub from kicker's entry level...yeah, give me the non mainstream please.

:sleepwerd4:

:deadhorse:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Well I like kicker stuff.. Litterally everything in my truck is kicker and I've never had a problem with it. Does my stuff get loud? Well its loud enough for me and I've been doing okay at comps.. Will I run kicker forever? No. Eventually I'll upgrade but for now I get what I need. I have had people insult my build and say kicker is trash but so far its never let me down.

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

Archived