Sonic Electronix

Why so much dislike for Kicker?

Like I said before, kicker seems to be very reliable stuff. It was 16 years ago when I had my first system and seems to be the same now. My only problem is the sound of their subs. Plus they are kinda pricey too. I would never say anything about someone using them though. Unless they were an ass about it.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

AFAIK kicker seems to be reliable gear, Although I did blow up a L7 10". Other then that, I agree with everyone else, it is so widely available anyone can go and buy it. Personally though I do not think the subs sound that great, I have had CVR's along with one L5 12 and one L7 12 and my current sub (Rockford 12" T2) outperforms the kicker anyday of the week, and is built way better.

Team L.I. S.P.L

- DC XL 18 M2

- DC 3.5K

- Mechman 270

- XS & Shuriken batts

AFAIK kicker seems to be reliable gear, Although I did blow up a L7 10". Other then that, I agree with everyone else, it is so widely available anyone can go and buy it. Personally though I do not think the subs sound that great, I have had CVR's along with one L5 12 and one L7 12 and my current sub (Rockford 12" T2) outperforms the kicker anyday of the week, and is built way better.

L7 12=750rms

T2 12=1200rms

So yea t2>l7

Alright, being I run a full kicker setup I have to post in this section, I have a few things to say. The reason I run a full kicker setup is that I got everything wholesale, except the subs, but as far as that goes I couldnt resist getting a 2800rms amp for $440, and now $330 if I would have stayed longer, on top of that, I picked up there QS Mids for 160 a pair, which is crazy cheap, thats why I have 4 pairs of them, the QS Mids sounds amazing, I have to say that, the CVX subs, do have a weird sound to them, I have to agree with all of you there, the low notes sound nice, but climbing up to like 60+ hz its an odd sound you get from them, I someday will probably switch to some DC or AA Subs, but that wont be until I blow these, I expect to rip the surrounds before burning the coils honestly, also as far as there amps go, if you buy them in a store, your paying to much, its the same with anything else, If you get them online or wholesale then you got a deal, there amps are solid, I have taken the covers off to see what they look like, they are really nice looking amps, and have performed in my vehicle, I mean my 2500.1 tested at 2845 rms, I cant complain there, Yea kicker is mainstream, its one thing I dont care for a ton, because you get people who think its the best shit out there, they have really nice stuff, but no one who pays for mainstream stuff will pay $600 for a set of QS Mids, so you get people driving around thinking they have the loudest shit, its the same with RF too, its not that there subs arn't loud and nice sounding, but its mainstream. I love kicker, im going to try and get a sponsorship from them if I can, I need to get my mazda3 finished, and I can not be cutting corners. All this said, I really like kickers stuff, I dont go around saying my shits the best, if you wanna stop by and listen, you can decide for yourself what you think of my setup, I do guarantee when im done with my build its going to sound amazing, and will be loud doing it, I think a lot of it comes down to your build that you put it in, if you slap it in some shitty little box and stick a pyle amp on it and say, hey I think its louder then yours, then thats going to make this company appear they make shitty stuff, at the same time you have people who spend months to years building on a vehicle to get it to sound amazing, and look awesome, then it comes down to what do you think about it?!! thats my input :P also, I have had great customer service from kicker from my experience, they are quick and have given my pretty good replies, I even got through to talk with Brett Nicely :P

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

L7 12=750rms

T2 12=1200rms

So yea t2>l7

Just because its rated higher doesn't mean much of anything.

There are people on this site with daily systems, less power than I have, and are FAR louder than I am.

I'm willing to bet you give someone like Ray or Ryan (RAM designs) a 10 inch CVR and 500 watts and they will shit on me.

Hell, look at DB Don and the company he keeps. Far less cone area, way less power, and is STILL one of the loudest people around.

And that's not even touching the fact that in some cases more power isn't better.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

I didnt know we where talking boxes. but like you said man, so and so can do magic numbers with a little type r but just think of what they could do with an even more powerful sub? since he did not say anthing about boxes im felt to think hes talkin product a vs b and not my first system vs my second system(vs each other as a whole and not just subs in general, wich include amps, boxes, wires, and bayb

L7 12=750rms

T2 12=1200rms

So yea t2>l7

That doesnt mean much of anything. I got a buddy who runs 4 12 T2's in off 2 hifonics 2400 watt brutus and my brother in law run 4 12 L7's in a custom built box off same 2 hifonics 2400 watt brutus's and my brother in laws Explorer sounds a hell of alot better and hits hard that his 4 T2's in a Yukon XL. It's all about the set up bro.

Build: 1999 Ford Expedition

Custom Grill

Angel Eyes Head Lights

Carbon Fiber Tail Lights

Cold Air Intake

Carbon Fiber Dash Trim

JVC Arsenal KW-ADV793

Hifonics 2400 Brutus

2 12" Kicker Solo L7's

2 15" Kicker Solo L7's

Rockford 0/1 Gauge with 300A fuse

http://www.facebook.com/Kamden.da.don

PRODUCT A VS PRODUCT B means shit on performance its on how its built in the car and used. U Can have subs ranked at 5000 watt max vs 2000 watt max and the 5000 watt would get shitted on if the build wasnt right. So yea most of the sound quality depends on BUILD and not sub. Yes sub matters but so does the build!

Build: 1999 Ford Expedition

Custom Grill

Angel Eyes Head Lights

Carbon Fiber Tail Lights

Cold Air Intake

Carbon Fiber Dash Trim

JVC Arsenal KW-ADV793

Hifonics 2400 Brutus

2 12" Kicker Solo L7's

2 15" Kicker Solo L7's

Rockford 0/1 Gauge with 300A fuse

http://www.facebook.com/Kamden.da.don

i was a fan of kicker,jl, and rf(have had them before) but they are not made as well as they once were imo and jl is way overpriced. i recently switched to an ascendant sub and sundown for an amp and am very impressed. not sure if either is "mainstream" or not. i would still use kicker amps but not their subs. same for rf and jl.

03 Santa Fe E A 200 amp alt,JVC AVX840,kenwood 6.5 fr speakers,eclipse 6.5 rears,mids/high amp XTA-2160, sub amp XTA-5000d,0 guage throughout,batts-front/1 batcap 2000,rear/ batcap4000,2 C&D Dynasty agms, subs 2 DC XL M1 15"s in a music box tuned to 28hz....for now.

Archived