Jump to content

Do you tip when you go out to eat?


Recommended Posts

Posted

yea. i saw that earlier. im surprised no one noticed it yet. thanks for moving it though.

:drinks:

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Posted

they say how a person treats waiters/ waitresses is how theyll treat their significant other. with that said i tip 15% in pretty much all situations aside from waitresses that hit on me in front of a chick thats been gettin on my nerves around that time. they usually get 25% good.gif

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Posted

Like steve said, i tip everyone also. From my tattoo artist to the guys that built my pool deck. If the job was done right quickly and to my liking you have earned a tip.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

Posted

I used to always just be a sucky tipper... not sure why but I just was, I did feel that it's there job and they should just do it right if they want to keep that job but different people in my life have made me realize that the system works of better treatment with better tips... lol .. I have some regular spots and shorties always remember me cuz I've tipped them well in the past and I almost always get the same seating arrangements or they hook me up with free dessert if I get stuck at the bar... The waitresses know that I don't drink so when I get stuck in that section they hook me up cuz they know I tip them nicely ...

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Posted

I tip based on server quality, not food quality. it isn't their fault that the food is shitty. I always give around 20% unless they are a straight up bitch/ass hole. jobs that rely on tips suck because the customer fails to understand how crucial to the job the tips are- that's why I don't use food quality as something to judge by. I used to deliver pizza as a first job.. it sucks.

Posted

I tip 20% if service is good , I work at a restaurant so I understand it gets busy and everything. But if service isn't good or I'm waiting to get my drinks. Then I will see if I got a few singles and some change I get back. And servers don't need 20% to get by , they can make 3 bucks a table and still make more then everyone in the back cooking or washing dishes do I don't feel like its a need to tip that much just try to return the favor.

SOLD

2006 Ford Ranger Single Cab
2 DC XL 15's
2 Crescendo BC2k's
4th Order Blowthrough

CURRENT

2012 Dodge Charger R/T

2 Tantric HD 12's

Ampere 3800

2 XS XP 3000's

Posted

yup, thats the thing. in foreign countries they are doing it right, they get paid by the hour at least minimum wage.

Here, i dont know who decided to start the tipping process but i agree it is bullshit. Giving someone a tip for doing something good (no matter what the job) is cool of someone to do!

But for america to make it basically necessary fucks things up. If i only made 20 dollars in tips all night and asked my boss to split the difference so i made minimum wage, he'd tell me to go shit in my hat. BUT thats just how it goes sometimes. Most of the tme i make 100+ a night so it averages out.

Some states agree with you, but it's a deal at the state level not a federal one. States laws trump the fed so it's really up to them. As I mentioned Washington (the state) is one example...

I will say this though... When I was in Frankfort and tipped like I normally do I did get laid. :pardon: haha

If you did some work for me and it's as outstanding as I would think it would be.. I would tip ya.

shit bro, as much as i tip, nobody ever tips me for anything. The only tip i ever get is "paint your rims blue after you just pained them black" or "paint your Tahoe black, after you just painted it red". lol

I dunno if big G redid their rules by now (they didn't move to views only did they?), but a click through purchase used to be killer. I remember one month my revenue went up 500% when Google finally nailed the ads ;) That was the first month we were able to cover our 1400 a month hosting bill... <_<

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Posted

i tip pretty decent usually depends the service, how warm the food is, if i gotta wave her down for a refill and if shes a hot chick....ive left 32 cents for tip before and on the bill wrote "heres a tip be a better waitress" for some REAL shitty service

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

 

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

 

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

 

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Posted

I tip when I go out. But I don't go on the 15% or 20% thing, I tip based on service. If the service is average then they get the average 15%. If service is terrible and I mean terrible, I leave a quarter tip :) or a penny, since that's more insulting than than no tip. But if they service is above average or outstanding I'll leave a nice tip for sure. Now I don't hold something the cooks do wrong or someone else in the restaurant against the server. when I Worked at lowes and my fathers shop I was on occasion was tipped, usually for going above and beyond. Staying late, like 2+ hours, or going outside of what lowes allowed me to do.

I think people should be given credit when its earned, not just because.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4647 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...