Sonic Electronix

RCA crossing power wires (questions)

I run them down each side of the car, but my subs RCA crosses my other amp's power and ground for an inch or so..

when I turn the car off after a few minutes of playing, I get an audible discharge sound from my rear seakers.. I think? It's not static but a whine sound kinda? and it's ONLY when I turn it off. My rear RCA's are no where near a ground or power wire.

That isn't from your RCAs being near your power wire. That sounds like something inside your amp going bad. Switch the front and rear inputs on the amp hooked to the rear speakers and see if the noise still comes out of the rear. That will tell you real quick if it is from the RCAs or not, although like I said that doesn't sound like a problem with RCAs being near a power wire.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I run them down each side of the car, but my subs RCA crosses my other amp's power and ground for an inch or so..

when I turn the car off after a few minutes of playing, I get an audible discharge sound from my rear seakers.. I think? It's not static but a whine sound kinda? and it's ONLY when I turn it off. My rear RCA's are no where near a ground or power wire.

That isn't from your RCAs being near your power wire. That sounds like something inside your amp going bad. Switch the front and rear inputs on the amp hooked to the rear speakers and see if the noise still comes out of the rear. That will tell you real quick if it is from the RCAs or not, although like I said that doesn't sound like a problem with RCAs being near a power wire.

When I posted this last night I didn't have my fronts hooked up, I just finished them a few minutes ago and the three or four times I ran the car it hasn't done it yet and all 4 channels/speakers are functioning properly so I'll report back if I get this problem again.

I also read somewhere it could be the way the amp turns on/off, maybe slower than the headunit, making a bump.. (no clue on this part)

But thanks to everyone who replied and gave some insight on the RCA's and anything else.

So nice to have his, lows, and mids amp'd. I'm in love. :)

·· YouTube ··

··

The Ride · The Audio ··

···

The Toy ···

Yes if you run them together it can cause interference. Hear engine whine sounds like your driving a really tiny ricer car through your speakers. Do yourself the favor and run them away from eachother, better to take advice and do it right than to risk it and question later

i get that with subs off <_<:rofl:

OP maybe something like this would help you out?

http://www.amazon.com/Stinger-SGN20-SGN21-Pop-Stopper/dp/B001JQ6O54

Edited by BeatBox

Yes if you run them together it can cause interference. Hear engine whine sounds like your driving a really tiny ricer car through your speakers. Do yourself the favor and run them away from eachother, better to take advice and do it right than to risk it and question later

i get that with subs off <_<:rofl:

OP maybe something like this would help you out?

http://www.amazon.com/Stinger-SGN20-SGN21-Pop-Stopper/dp/B001JQ6O54

Damn, thanks for finding that. The link that was posted on a different forum (that I found last night) was to Stinger's site but was out dated so I had no idea what they were really linking me to. If this keeps up I will definitely try that!

Edited by Ian01

·· YouTube ··

··

The Ride · The Audio ··

···

The Toy ···

I have rca's wire-tied to 0awg from front to back with absolutely zero noise :shrug:

x2

While in theory running them next to each other causes noise, in practice (as long as you have decent rcas) you won't have a problem. The couple times I've done it tells me it isn't a huge deal. Or if there is noise, its so minimal that it doesn't even matter.

Try and run them separate from each other. Better to be safe than sorry. But if for whatever reason running them separately isn't possible, put them together. Maybe not put all the trim panels back in case you do have noise, but I SERIOUSLY doubt you will.

I always run a ground wire from the radio chassis to the amplifiers. I can use the shittiest RCA's and ground points in the car and still won't get noise.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

I always run a ground wire from the radio chassis to the amplifiers. I can use the shittiest RCA's and ground points in the car and still won't get noise.

Well, since my problem wasn't in the RCA's.. I can say the same as you guys.. maybe it was something that was problematic with the older less advanced gear that we didn't have today?? No idea.

·· YouTube ··

··

The Ride · The Audio ··

···

The Toy ···

I have rca's wire-tied to 0awg from front to back with absolutely zero noise :shrug:

I have both runs of 1/0 and all 6channels of rcas zip-tied together all the way through until it hits my amps, have been like that for 4 years now and never had a problem.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

do you have a pioneer head unit. if so thats the issue

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.