Highest wattage car system ???

Now that's the kind of forward thinking I like to hear !

To the rest of you guys, "Don't be scared" :)

Fish

A souped up diesel can make an easy 700+ hp with a small handful of mods. I don't think it would have a huge problem keeping up.

Exactly, my buddy's Pstroke 7.3 does 700ish on the dyno with an adjusted stock pump, beans turbo, and stage 3 injectors. Theres loads of cummins with a LOT more done to them doing 1000+ to the ground. Sure they have $200K and $40k just into the tranny, but its still there. :pardon::drink40:

do you mean a daily driven beast or a one note cement filled wonder

Well, once you make the amperage, you can push that in any direction you want to. If straight up SPL contests were your thing, I'm quite sure 100Kwts would make 1 hell of a fart box :) LOL

Of course if it were my power to play with, I'd shoot for somewhat of an SQL system.... but that's just me.

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed

Well sure, all stereo systems work on a very steep curve. The first 1000 wts will give you a LOT more SPL's than the second 1000...... But it's NOT like this cuve only kicks in after 30Kwts. This same pricipal works the other direction too. One could say, why do you need any more than the factory 40 or 80wts, when 160 wts.... or 320 wts, only gives you a little bit more.... Yet, I think most of the guys on this forum either have a lot more wattage than a stock system..... or at least aspire to have a lot more.

Peace,

Fish

PS, In fact, now that I think about it, to say "their is a point of deminishing returns" is kind of a misnomer. As that "point" starts at 0 wts, and curves upward from there.

I know mike hughes had 48 Kicker 1200.1's, thats just short of 60k.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Herby, out of curiosity, did that setup rely on external power, or did the vehicle make all of it's own juice ? ....and if so, how ?

Any vehicle that could make 160Kwts has something very special going on..... other than just 3 or 4 automotive alternators strapped together.....

Fish

I seen pics of the sound digital demo vehicle. It had something like 10 16k amps. I will try to find the pics later tonight

100+k worth or rms would be sick...in the worlds largest concert. i dunno about a car unless it farts and thats it. could do a bus i guess with all aruond subs then walk down it..lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU

Herby, out of curiosity, did that setup rely on external power, or did the vehicle make all of it's own juice ? ....and if so, how ?

Any vehicle that could make 160Kwts has something very special going on..... other than just 3 or 4 automotive alternators strapped together.....

Fish

I seen pics of the sound digital demo vehicle. It had something like 10 16k amps. I will try to find the pics later tonight

Those cars are something magical, and a lot of the power and designs in them are kept secret for competition reasons. I do think that they still run off of automotive alternators, just have a couple tons of batteries strapped under the car and look like this:

DSC00855.jpg

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Plenty of db drag superstreet/extreme vehicles have had in excess of 100,000 watts.

Steve Cook had 32 Memphis 4kw's on 16v that was over 140,000 watts. I think that was one of the highest ever.

Scottie Johnson had 28 IA 40.1's on 16v.

These are the ones I can remember. I'm sure there's more.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

I do think that they still run off of automotive alternators, just have a couple tons of batteries strapped under the car

But hey Bumonskate, I wonder if the reason they need a couple tons of batteries, is to store up enough juice, from their wimpy (okay.... probably a little stronger than the alt in my Hyundai ;) LOL... but relatively speaking) automotive alternator setups ???

Maybe if some of these guys would build a real gimongous generator setup, they could produce enough continuous juice, that all that tonnage of batteries wouldn't be neccessary ?

Just saying.....

Fish

Archived