First off, please don't take this like I'm being a smartass here. Also, I'm not trying to bash on anybody's bass boosting skills....

But I've downloaded, and tried to listen to several different bass boosted songs, by at least two different, respected members here, and they were just flat out unlistenable on my system.

The balance was so far off, you could not hear the mids and highs enough to even know the song title, or the artist. Just "nothing but bass" ! {at least on the songs with long, constant bass notes}

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE bass. And sure, sometimes I'll have a song that I just can't quite bring the bass up enough with my separate bass boost, or bass controls on the deck. Some of these songs might need a moderate boost in the bass region. Of course, some might also need some treble added, or an overall loudness boost, as well.

But anyway, this whole thing leaves me wondering > With the guys who are playing these bass boosted versions of these songs, and saying they sound great, are their systems set up so completely differently than mine, that they need this much of a bass signal for a good balance ? ......or, do they just not even care if they don't hear "anything but" the bass notes ???

Just curious,

Fish

PS, Somebody was just asking about bass boosted Michael Jackson songs.... Hmmmm. Maybe a few of his older songs need a little boost. But on my system, if I play songs like, "Man In the Mirror", or "The Way You Make Me Feel" I set my deck bass controls at "0" and don't need to go heavy on the separate bass control knob either. Doing this, by the time I get to my decks "maximum before clipping" point, my subs are pumping out pretty much all the bass they are capable of producing, with the wattage I'm giving them. If I boosted the bass signal whatsoever, I'd not be able to use the full volume on my deck, and this would only serve to throw my balance off.

I hear you.

And just to reiterate > I LOVE bass.

I'm quite sure their would be a bunch of SQ snobs who would say I'm adjusting my music WAAAY to bass heavy. Whatever.

I like a lot of bass.

But I still want there to be enough mids and highs that you can tell what song it is, and for it to still sound musical, and not just a complete bass wash out.

I guess "balance" is a matter of personal taste.

Fish

Some songs are awesome and some songs aren't. I usually just matched the bass with the mids and highs so it sounded even.

How many mids/highs are you running in your car. I know you have been in SM's car, and I am sure he has played some decaf.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Most of these songs are made for a laugh not for SQ. The point is to maximize the lower levels so you can scare the crap out of people. :pardon:

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I don't know if you are talking about any of my boosted songs but you could be so I will definitely take this into consideration but it's kind of hard to tell if my songs are lacking treble since I only have computer speakers to work with right now but thank you for your insight.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

Wait a minute...I just bought a burger, but I'm a vegetarian...

Not being a dick either, but musical listening truly is preference. And the music is BASS boosted, so expecting music balanced with the mids and highs is very unrealistic. Not to mention the culture around the site isn't very SQ based, which isn't a bad thing, since my favorite thing in the world is being a decent ground pounder. Too bad Korey wasn't able to play well with others, he might have music more to your preference.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I dont mean to be a dick.. But Bass boosted meaning? the bass is boosted alot louder than a flat equalized song... I love bass boosted songs (Unclipped of course) I love hearing the bass over the mids it makes me feel like my weak ass system has some juice :D

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

buy some more speakers and 4ch to keep up lol

AUSTRALIA do i need say more?

HU: some crap pionee

AMP: dc 9k @ 18v

SUB: 4 elevation audio sqx 12"

Battery: 2 neuton power 8200d

burp setup for fun 152's

soon to come: rebuilt soundstream xxx (2 18" OR 3 15" wall) Bunch speakers, more batts and new HU