Sonic Electronix

SLOT PORTS OR ROUND PORTS .... which is better ...?

why does everyone spray paint there ports black

well the people/company who makes aeros, the ones everyone uses, only come in black.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

why is everyone saying aeros are 17"????

http://www.psp-inc.com/products_6.html

www.parts-express.com/wizards/searchResults.cfm?srchExt=CAT&srchCat=143&CFID=42497391&CFTOKEN=67148796

Just 2 sites that sell various lengths... Plus you can use S40 tubing from the hardware store and cut to length with a bandsaw.

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

well the people/company who makes aeros, the ones everyone uses, only come in black.

ummm wasnt talking aero ports. I was talking about the slot ports

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

ummm wasnt talking aero ports. I was talking about the slot ports

Regardless, air moving across a surface isn't prejudice against any color,black just hides flaws because no light is reflected/refracted off.

All things equal, the rounder the port the lower the surface drag inside the port. The lower the drag inside the port, the louder the sound coming out of it.

Tuning is a triple ratio between the air mass in the port, the area of the port, and the volume of the box. Any port can be tuned to anything provided the ratios are correct.

idk everyone had a lot of flaws lol

simply put the black paint is merely aesthetic. it really doesn't serve any other function other than looking pretty.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Its good to be back on the forum :D

And to answer your question, both are fine, shape doesnt matter one bit, its having enough port area for your sub to reach a healthy full XmaX, and you MUST have a flare on your port, because if you dont, you'll have chuffing, and port noise.

to the comment that color doesnt have anything to do with it, that isnt entirely true. The color black creates drag in sunlight, but thats almost irrelevant.

to find out how much flare you'll need, you can download a port flaring program, such as Flare-It

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

i think the black makes it look clean and tidy...i think aero ports are better tho

Red light rev ya engines..light goes green u take off, petal to the floor.I take it slow but some how seem to catch up with u at he next red.So u think u can do it again.light goes green you stall..i put my foot down just to show u what fast really looks like :)