SMD CC-1 Prototypes Arrived! Serial number 1-4

i will gladly get one of these when available since it will help me a ton

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Ok so i watch the video and read the prototype manual. So at 3:54 you decided to pick the second amp as the master amp to calibrate why was that? What if you calibrated to that amp and you needed to raise the gain on one of the other amps but you have set the gains with the dd-1 and you know if you raise the gain you will start getting a distorted signal. Would you have to start all over or is there a way you could find out which amp to calibrate as the master? I would assume to use a DMM on each of the amps and see what amp puts out the most AC volts and use that as the master amp, but i am not 100% on that. Sorry if its a question that has been answered already i was looking to see if it was asked or if its a noob question. Just would like to get it clarified cuz i have multiple amps and would benefit from this.

So glad I decided to read this thread first before posting my question/suggestion/idea. When I first heard about the CC-1 I thought it was just to set high pass and low pass xover points. I just used the DD-1 for the first time last night and was reminded of an issue that's bugged me for the first time, the pain of setting the SS filter...it's pretty much a guess as to what frequency it's at and you are stuck setting it by ear. So I was gonna ask if you could make it to where the CC-1 could be used to set that as well. But after reading the manual I see it already can. Def getting one of these too!

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

thanks guys, and hang tight......i am sending the prototypes back. We need to do some tweaking to them. I am gonna play with them more today and see what other fine adjustments need to be made before we are ready to send them out (the proto's).

They probably wont be released till early 2012.......what exactly is "early"? we dont know. We do know that we wont send anything out until we are satisfied that everyone will be happy and it will do exactly what it is supposed to. This is a long process.

thanks for the interest so far! we are excited!

got quite a few ohio guys that are doing some insane builds here quite soon, who could use 1 or 2 of these, maybe hook up aaron aka gotz1lung :)

i know hes been doing some smaller side builds on the side while doing tats, and we could get tons of vids of it in action.. especially with the world record holders we are friends with..

they have a few vehicles where they will need to gainmatch 8+ amps, and 1 with 16 5ks :P

just throwing the idea out, if you still need a few beta testers :P

i will NOT rule you out as a beta tester...i will decide who gets one of the 3 scratch that, 2 that are left when they get back. I sent them back to d'amore to get tweaked a little (on the gain matching portion). I should have them back next week (i hope). :)

sweet thanks, I let aaron know that we might get to play with one and hes pretty excited if we get the chance

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Just got my cc1 in the mail today.

Will be running it thru its paces very soon.

Was house shopping today so didnt have time for shit.

Its coming though.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

very cool to see how easy the tool is to use! no more guessing random positions

one question tho...since no two amps (of the same model) are the exact same, after setting the gains with the DD1 on each amp, while gain matching would it be possible that in some scenarios that the gain would have to be turned back up to match the master amp? thus causing them to go back into slight distortion since each one was turned up right up pretty much right to the edge of distortion? i obviously can't see you turning the knobs, so it could very well be SO slight that it still keeps them all distortion free, but it just piqued my curiosity.

EDIT: i guess if this is possible, one easy solution would be to take a DMM and check the voltage on each amp and go with the lowest voltage amp to prevent them from being tuned any higher into distortion, yes? OR...i could just be completely way off lol

Edited by Torres

one question tho...since no two amps (of the same model) are the exact same, after setting the gains with the DD1 on each amp, while gain matching would it be possible that in some scenarios that the gain would have to be turned back up to match the master amp? thus causing them to go back into slight distortion since each one was turned up right up pretty much right to the edge of distortion? i obviously can't see you turning the knobs, so it could very well be SO slight that it still keeps them all distortion free, but it just piqued my curiosity.

EDIT: i guess if this is possible, one easy solution would be to take a DMM and check the voltage on each amp and go with the lowest voltage amp to prevent them from being tuned any higher into distortion, yes? OR...i could just be completely way off lol

Was wondering the same thing in previous post

After setting with a DD-1, you can measure each amp with a DMM, and the one putting out the lowest power with no distortion, will be the master. Set them all to match that one. You dont have to though because i found that even with CRUNCH amps, JUST using a dd-1 got all 4 amps close enough to each other that i didnt even have to adjust them much at all. I BARELY touched them and they all were right there, within a few tenths of a volt. If you adjusted your amps to match eachother within a few tenths, i dont think you could put enough disortion back into the system to hurt anything, especially the woofers.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916