PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

What mods are illegal on your streets?

Emission related? Suspension mods?

Like in California, you can't really do anything to your car that increases emissions or defeats any emission controls. In some other states, you can't modify your headlights from stock, meaning adding HIDs...

i think cops are on our side most the times.. i haven't got a ticket for tinted windows.. i was pulled over once but they let me go.. im sure they know some laws are bs so they dont enforce them

Like in California, you can't really do anything to your car that increases emissions or defeats any emission controls. In some other states, you can't modify your headlights from stock, meaning adding HIDs...

i think cops are on our side most the times.. i haven't got a ticket for tinted windows.. i was pulled over once but they let me go.. im sure they know some laws are bs so they dont enforce them

In the town I live in, there's an ordinance that basically says if a cop can hear your radio at all you can be cited. Take it up with the judge.

It's like other little laws, it's really just meant to make it easier to pull someone over who cops just think are up to no good, so they can get you on drug or gun charges searching your car. Cops here are cool, I got pulled once for bass with the windows up, was listening to some music with my kid in the car so it wasn't even too loud. Cop was cool but since I look Caucasian he was nice and gave me a warning.

Coulda got a "driving while ghetto" harassment, if i was ghetto.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

i live in the ghetto.. im not white and gotten warnings and no tickets.. back in the day they used to enforce everything. now they dont so its good for us

There's a difference between living in the ghetto and being ghetto. Some cops can tell.

anyway, back to the purpose of this thread, picked this up earlier this week. Nexus 6. Couldn't deal with the S5 anymore lol

nexus-6-desk.jpg

not my image but that's the one I got. It's huge. Already unlocked the bootloader and threw on a few roms, CM13 not perfect but had the nicest selection of mods, always been a cm fan.

12646628_10206448220592041_2666932153825

and 23% still being 27 hours off the charger, 4 hours screen time, BT and Wifi on the whole time. Wasn't hard getting used to a 6" screen then I look at the S5 and how tiny it is now lol

2007 Pacifica

Headlight mods are illegal at the federal level.

Exhaust mods are as well, it's just no one here gives a fuck.

everything is illegal over here, thats not a joke.... that being said i have not had any issues unless i was speeding etc. but if they want to they ( cops and EPA ) will fuck your shit up lol

Just re read what I wrote...lol. I know not every car has a v8 but you guys seem to have more v8s available than we do. Maybe just Holden's or maybe it's just media perception.

the only V8's i can think of are the Holden Commodore, the 300C and the shitbox ford falcon... and of course some toyota and nissan 4WD. there are a few like the lexus but not new in production, or at least in large numbers. Even the 300C is relatively rare. Must be media perception, but those who do love V8's over here make up for the small numbers with pride and enthusiasm.

On another note, do you guys have brand rivalry over there? It seems most of you guys like muscle or imports but don't really care what brand.... Over here it is basically Holden vs Ford in the large car scene... very passionate I'm a Holden man through and through ( and so are 99% of my mates ) which basically means i will never even entertain the idea of owning a ford, hell i don't like it if the taxi home from the pub is a ford. Some guys like both but at least in my experience you are one or the other, it will be interesting to hear how you guys feel over there

DCSig.jpg

TEAM DC AUSTRALIA

13e4c3e0-74af-42b9-8d07-ebbd2b684e14_zps7d713c4c.jpg

I've pretty much owned GM all my adult life, and I'm pretty much done after my impala lol. Not happy with the Chrysler, either.

I'd still like to build up a Chevy C10 truck, but don't think I'll buy any american brands anytime soon. I did spend some time in a GTO and had a blast, though not really an american car.

Ask 10 different americans and you'll get 10 different answers, really.

2007 Pacifica

I drive a Hyundai. What's that make me?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived