PICS OF YOUR LATEST PURCHASE

8 hours ago, boomintahoe said:

What Sundown sub is that? Looks like x version 2.

It's actually a freshly reconed Team 18

123_1_zpszlwpkyw7.jpeg

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Looks like ToolMaker shipped my dual 1/0 amp input pretty quick so I went ahead and made another purchase but this time I got these for my under the hood battery terminal.

toolmaker-copper-6-lug-bolt-battery-term

Pretty cheap for copper battery terminals!

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

time to do some testing an rebuilding. got 3 sheets of 3/4" and one of 1/2" for trim and bracing and whatever, plus some clamps and a new square and a new straight edge.

Also, picked up a new circular saw and router, router will be here this week.

@audiofanaticz figured you would appreciate the clamps lol

1BXwHAb.jpg

3gcPTw5.jpg

9blz4j.jpg

Finished installing earlier this morning because I needed more mid bass so I could de-localize my subwoofer better and this fit the bill nicely since it won't stress the fronts. I did find that the door setting sounded WAY better which I thought was odd since the sub setting is supposed to use deeper frequencies to create the effect.

Once I had the time alignment setup I then had to swap the phase of my subwoofer and bam, now it sounds amazing and all the bass is projected in front of me. Still need to work on the EQ because my car has a serious drop at 70hz but oddly raising the 80hz on my eq makes no difference and I noticed a couple other odd things since installing this. Raising 50hz above 0 actually decreases bass which is fine cause I only use EQ to cut and bass boost causes loss of bass as well....I assume it's a phasing thing but that's fine I wasn't going to use it either, just thought it was odd. But for what it's worth, the system hits harder now with a sharper punch and is finally all up front...something I never could manage to obtain before.

Just decided to go with something simple and cheap, 

20x8.5 

$650 for all 4 brand new.

gDr3fsn.jpg

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived