I'm totally new to using handguns and have only shot a rifle twice. And I am also semi new to brands, I know a few of the good ones who have been around for a while.

So my question is I'm looking for a decently priced handgun to keep at the house for protection and all that. I am going to a gun shop and range tomorrow to try a few and was just wondering if you guys could help with some suggestions on what to try out

If you are just protecting the house a shotgun cocking would surely send a shutter down a burglars spine. But, if you want a handgun and it is your first you can't really go wrong with a Glock. My first was a Taurus and I really like it, but still plan on getting a Glock in a few months. Just talk to the person at gun shop and he or she can surely recommend something you need within your price range.

Edited by MrBalll

I dont own a handgun, but i did shoot a glock 19 i believe. It was my friends. Nice gun, it was simple, light and effective! My first time shooting a handgun

I liked the way it felt no homo

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

go shoot different style of guns first then pick a style that you feel good shooting with then buy it like all gun are different and all guns feel different me i always wanted a GLOCK but once i fire a 1911 i knew the 1911 was for me and i bought a nighthawk custom 1911 best gun ever made life time warranty

Edited by KHRISS

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

Glock 19/21/22

Ruger SR9 or SR40

FNH FNP-45 and FiveSeven

Springfield XD series

See what fits best in your hand, and what caliber you feel most comfortable shooting. .380 is about the smallest you'd want to go and is really not a "defense" gun as much as it's a conceal gun (which is why I didn't list any), 9mm is good and will take someone down (provided they're not all drugged out), .40 is a very comfortable round and is one of the most popular law enforcement rounds for a reason it's effective and manageable, .45 is a great round for defense but you may have to get used to some kick depending on how big you are. The 5.7x28 in the FN FiveSeven is a great round, very little recoil and a ton of energy, but the gun also isn't that cheap, and neither is the ammo.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Comfort!!! I was set on buying a springfield xd .45 for my first gun, then i held it and hated it. Different people have different hand sizes and comfort areas. I ended up getting a smith&wesson sd .40 and it feels great in my hand (i know thats what she said) and no homo lol. Seriously grab and hold as many guns as possible shoot everything you can, caliber brand and style. A gun is only as effective as the shooter holding it.

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

I have a Smith & Wesson 40 cal. with personal protection bullets. 1 in the chamber and 14 in the clip. It's a nice cost effective gun that will do the job. It's never jammed up on me and I have put over 300 rounds through it. I keep 1 of the clips with field rounds and the one that stays in it while at the house is loaded with the personal protection hollow tip...

The Taurus is just that a cheap gun (sorry) and the Springfield is not cheap by any means. The Springfield that I want when built is just over $1200.00.

A 45 is a nice gun but the bullet travels slower but has more knock down force cause of its size but the 40 is faster in speed and usually lighter over all.

Any pistol will do the job if you have a good aim and the right ammo for what you are wanting to do.

Final note. get what you want and then get personal protection type ammo.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Glocks are always a great choice.

But they're kind of expensive, but deffinatly worth it

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34