Sonic Electronix

This is an interesting one. I just turned the car off for about thirty seconds, got back in and started it up and picked up static through all four channels. Not a ground loop static as if it was a radio station that doesnt come in. Its there on all sources. Put the head unit into standby mode and it goes away. turn the volume up or down and the level stays the same. unplug the RCAS from the four channel and it goes away. plug them in and as soon as they are plugged in it comes back regardless of what order they are plugged into.

I cant pull the deck tonight to see if something came loose.

headunit is a Kenwood ddx-516 and the amp is an aq 4x90. Im thinking right now that my deck or my amp just shit the bed.

Anyone experienced this? Ill have some time to trouble shoot tomorrow and can put a different amp in to check it out even but Im just curious if anyones ever ran into this. All my years Ive never came across static like this.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i had the same thing happen and it was my head unit rca's had went bad.. could be the problem

This isn't teeball. YOU DO NOT GET A TROPHY JUST BECAUSE YOU SHOW UP. Put the work in and then maybe get the respect when it has been earned

151.6 with single 12 at 41 hz

153.2 with 2 12's at 43 hz

power: dd m4

I've been having this problem for a while. I tried grounding the rca's on my hu but the noise is still there. Once playing music at high volumes it becomes unnoticeable but its there. Get annoying but I couldn't find a solution so I just left it.

Edited by fmedina

Yeah, my alpine took a crap not long ago. I started the car and had this really weird static as if something was shorting out so i turned the car off and tried it again only to have it not do it again but as time went on it went down hill and quit completely.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

1 may sound weird but,check your power connection under the hood ,wire location,connection strength and condition under hood hear causes the rubber around the wire to become weak = vulnerable to any noise(doubt its this though).

2 You're bass rattled your rcs's now you need new ones, check rca outputs/inputs also .

SuperBass

check out⊂ http://www.youtube.com/Bassknots

129.3 meca 136.8 db drag (60 hz peak)

http://bassknotsstereo.blogspot.com/

comment/subscribe and stay tuned ,working on 150 db http://www.stevemead...r/page__st__380

sounds like a problem i had before. static on any source, same at all volumes. went through a lot of trouble shooting and it ended up being the headunit crapped out.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love