Sonic Electronix

I hooked up a battery charger to my trucks battery and I went outside 30 minutes later to look for my cell phone and my amp was ON and it was flickering in and out of protection mode. It was soooo hot I couldn't hold it. I quickly disconnected the remote wire thinking I was getting a signal from my head unit since I've been getting a voltage leak lately and it didn't stop. Once I stopped the charger, the amp went off. All that was connected to the amp were power and ground wires and it was still on. I turned the charger back on the the amp stayed off. WTF HAPPENED? I think it fried my amp. I'm so pissed right now.

E34 540iT/6

Did you see the magic white smoke off your amp?

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

I hooked up a battery charger to my trucks battery and I went outside 30 minutes later to look for my cell phone and my amp was ON and it was flickering in and out of protection mode. It was soooo hot I couldn't hold it. I quickly disconnected the remote wire thinking I was getting a signal from my head unit since I've been getting a voltage leak lately and it didn't stop. Once I stopped the charger, the amp went off. All that was connected to the amp were power and ground wires and it was still on. I turned the charger back on the the amp stayed off. WTF HAPPENED? I think it fried my amp. I'm so pissed right now.

not sure what happened but i believe most charger manuals say to charge a battery while its disconnected

Maybe your charger is messed up. Can you check what voltage it is charging at?

Only reason that I can think of to remove your battery while charging is incase of a charger problem where its sending 120v to your batt. No way I would want to disconnect 6 batteries once a week to charge my batts.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

amp on when not supposed to, plus voltage "leak".

sounds like your amp had a short between postive and remote.

The leak is from my head units constant hot and key hot both being hooked to constant so my head unit is always drawing power.

E34 540iT/6

your power wire must of has strands touching the remote

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog