Sonic Electronix

Ive never ventured into 4th+ bandpasses but If people really do these boxes wouldnt one of the sides have more resistance then the other (smaller/narrower port) otherwise wouldnt it just kinda cancel itself out..?

Just throwing a random idea out there... like i said ive never done/heard any of these but it just seams one side should have more resistance for it to work....

Yes, but each side is tuned to a different frequency with different net volumes to avoid this

Louder, narrower range, less SQ IIRC

Wrong. My 6th order is louder, has a wider range, and much better sound quality than any ported box I have ever tried.

It means get ready to do lots of calculations

FUCKING THIS.

If you want to try a 6th order, you can PM me and I'll fill you in on everything I know, it's not much, but it will get you going in the right direction.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

6th have pros and cons - It takes a tremendous amount of work to actually make a 6th order louder than a standard ported in most applications. Ask me how I know :-|

I have built a few of them. A couple are in my 'old portfolio' thread.

Tuani Fabrication

Wasilla, AK

show your age who knows what an "ABC" box is that i was talking about?

Isn't a abc box adding another port firing from one side to to other

Something like a quasi 8th order series. If I remember correctly, dual ported chamber, one port firing out like normal, second port fires into a second chamber which is normally about 45-50% the volume of the original chamber, with another equal port firing out

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

show your age who knows what an "ABC" box is that i was talking about?

Isn't a abc box adding another port firing from one side to to other

Something like a quasi 8th order series. If I remember correctly, dual ported chamber, one port firing out like normal, second port fires into a second chamber which is normally about 45-50% the volume of the original chamber, with another equal port firing out

Sounds like alot of calculating...deffinetly not me

Archived