Sonic Electronix

1 ohm and 4 ohm same amount of power?

.I was thinking about this the other day and decided i was totally stumped.

Say you have 1 amp that puts out 2k at 1 ohm and another amp that puts out 2k at 4 ohm, what is the better option if you have a subwoofer thats handling is 2k and you want the most spl you can get?

Thanks

2003 Chevy Tahoe

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

18" DC Audio Level 4 w/ Lvl 5 soft partsAQ2200

JL Audio E6450JL Audio Mids and Highs0 gauge welding wire0/1 gauge big 3 upgrade

6 inch Suspension Lift

3 inch Body Lift

17" American Racing Wheels

37" Toyo Open Country M/T's

K&N Cold Air Intake

Throttle Body Spacers

SuperChip

4.88 Running Gears

MagnaFlo Exhaust

2k is 2k. the only real difference between the 1 and 4 ohms is probably efficiency of the amp and distortion.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Depends really on the application... 4ohms will be more efficient than 1ohm and thus sound better and have less energy given off as heat.

Amplifiers that make comparable power at 4ohms to 1ohm are more expensive and have less demand in SPL

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

10-20% more efficient at 4ohm. cleaner output.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Depends really on the application... 4ohms will be more efficient than 1ohm and thus sound better and have less energy given off as heat.

more resistance = more heat. 4ohm is more resistant than 1ohm.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

more resistance = more heat. 4ohm is more resistant than 1ohm.

False. At least for equal power.

However the same current through 4 ohms will be more heat than 1 ohm, but it will also be more power, so its not really the same comparison.

Archived