Second Skin Audio

For the Box Guru's

thorshammer

By asking good questions.

Hard to do the math when you dont have all the data.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

wish i knew as much about building boxes lol. i just started building my own boxes though.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

By asking good questions.

Hard to do the math when you dont have all the data.

I always try and pick up any little thing whenever you start talking about building enclosures. Whats a good starting point? Is most of this based of the T/S parameters?

When you use l x w x h /1728 you have to account for the wood thickness though. I just subtract 1.5 from each measurement for single layer boxes. Just thought I'd put that in there for people who want to use that instead of calcs. I haven't been able to figure out a good method for the port without a calc though. No meter for me :(

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

Well after many many burps lol

This box peaks at 45hz. The bigger port also brought my reactive load through the roof. I'm a couple tenths off of the smaller 8inch pvc (7.75in internal) but with half the power literally. Only clamping 3800 watts, just under 152.

Less power is awesome but with a nominal load of .25, reacive load just over 4ohm, amp turned up as much as it can and still make power, on a 9k board sux balls!!

I'll be throwing in a second amp this week (hopefully) and see what happens.

Riddle me this Guru's....

How can a larger diameter port, same length, end up with a lower peak freq?

Tip for anyone who wants to be serious in the numbers game....

Always keep a notebook. Write down every change no matter how small and the results.

Might be that the sub is now acting as if it is in a 4th order with the amount of port being used instead of a ported enclosure resulting in the changes in your reactive numbers changing.

Possible but not whats going on lol

Anymore guesses. I'm pretty positive on the answer and it has more to do with the power the subs are seeing vs what they see at 8krms.

Remember I base my results on res freq of vehicle, power, score result.

Archived