Second Skin Audio

Can someone explain this to me?

So, we all know that people generally use wire in the range of 12-8ga from their amp(s) to woofer(s). My question is, if we're using that thickness wire to transfer anywhere from 1000-10000+ watts to a woofer, how in god's name does that tiny, almost hair-thin piece of copper running between the tinsel leads and coil come close to handling all that?? I've always wondered that when seeing pics of woofer guts, and don't understand it. I'm embarrassed that I'm halfway through EE undergrad and can't solve this. Is it just because it's totally uninsulated and is a short run?

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Ive always wondered that too

The Midget Looks Into Your Soul

2008 Dodge am 3500HD with the 6.7 Cummins

Race Me tuner, dpf deleted

kenwood double din

cheap walmart speakers for now(infinity reference comps comps coming soon)

2 kicker L5's in a ported box of unknown tuning lol(soon to be changed)

Power acoustic 1500.1 on the subs (for now)

you do lose some power from it. rockford has a chart and section on their site that helps with figuring out the amount of power being lost.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Big subs that take big power will have multiple tinsel leads.

Also that tiny wire run is only 3" long.

Doesnt take much when the run is so short.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

So, we all know that people generally use wire in the range of 12-8ga from their amp(s) to woofer(s). My question is, if we're using that thickness wire to transfer anywhere from 1000-10000+ watts to a woofer, how in god's name does that tiny, almost hair-thin piece of copper running between the tinsel leads and coil come close to handling all that?? I've always wondered that when seeing pics of woofer guts, and don't understand it. I'm embarrassed that I'm halfway through EE undergrad and can't solve this. Is it just because it's totally uninsulated and is a short run?

Are you talking about the itty bitty half inch long pieces of wire that come form the voice coil and the tinsels are soldered on to?

Yes, those. The ones that run down the former into the coil.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

i gotta find pics of the subs dc was building a while back. the tinsels were fucking ridiculous on that thing

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

they were going to have a stetsom 11k per coil on these things. fuckin nuts

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.