fox_racin4 Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 I see a lot of people not running 24k+ and not doing 162s+ making a lot of armchair quarterbacking noise. The tinsels lit up the suspension. Just a reminder, 24,000 watts is like 5 ovens going at the same time. Kaos run. Shit happens. I do. Daily. ( as in to and from work.. Daily)Its called knowing the limit of your system. I know where ill start to break shit an i stay 2ish clicks under it. Unless i need to. If he had 0 competition then there was no reason to push shit past its limit. You say the tinsels lit the spiders on fire. That happens from clipping. So there were more then likly signs of issues comming before that happend lol Dude. Stop acting like hes a noob with noob equipment. In the lanes at finals and daily are completely different. He knew what he was doing. Here is a direct quote from his facebook page. Status Update By The Black Nasty Definitely put the Black Nasty thru some pain this weekend. First off did great day one until my kaos qualifying run, I started at a 149 and turn it up to finish with a 156.4 db. That started my downfall for day 2. Head to head vs Matt for x4, I should of had him but my number kept falling the whole run made no sense my truck never does that. We ended up with a tie so had to rerun. My number was dropping even faster on rerun, he got me. So I got 4th for xtreme 4. Took truck back to the pit an found out I had blown 2 woofers, was only on 4. So replace the two blown ones with spares, I am literally inside the wall wiring them up while Mitch is staging my truck for kaos2 head to head. I get final crimp down and heat shrink done as he pulls me into lane2 left side. Get out and start easy and finish with a 153 three minute average. I advance, but lost a coil on one of the top woofers. No more spares left. So that was my break in run, then head to head against team MN loudest in Kaos2. I told Marshall that I am going til it stops playing. About 1 minute in holding a mid 156+ and started smelling subs so most would back it down, I turned it up to MAX. Another 45 seconds and tinsels sparked then fire. That gave me 3rd for kaos2. Video of the fire run will be up in the next day or so along with pics. Everything is fine just a few subs are toast, literally lol. Never once did i say he was a noob? I know what finals is about.. Been to 3 of them. Was auposed to make alabama but couldnt. 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
boom50cal Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 He had the balls to blow his shit, and did it for competition sakes. Hats off to Andrew for basically sticking his dick in a toaster and coming out with his pride On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
Quiet Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 I see a lot of people not running 24k+ and not doing 162s+ making a lot of armchair quarterbacking noise. The tinsels lit up the suspension. Just a reminder, 24,000 watts is like 5 ovens going at the same time. Kaos run. Shit happens. I do. Daily. ( as in to and from work.. Daily) Its called knowing the limit of your system. I know where ill start to break shit an i stay 2ish clicks under it. Unless i need to. If he had 0 competition then there was no reason to push shit past its limit. You say the tinsels lit the spiders on fire. That happens from clipping. So there were more then likly signs of issues comming before that happend lol Yeah, well there are others calling AMI to switch brands. He know's he was clipping hard. He was pushing it hard all weekend and knew he was running. So it's gonna cost him some recones... So if you push it to the limit and blow a few subs (epically I might add) why jump ship? If every competitor had that mentality, they wouldn't sell recones lol 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
bighossf150 Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 Oh god damn what did I just start lol. If I kept blowing subs left and right please believe I would be getting something better asap but thats just me though Used to have a loud truck 2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq 2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s
Quiet Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 Look I'm not trying to start shit. Competition is hard. You make decisions. This one wasn't that bad, considering everything AMI has into this build 4 recones is a pittance. 2007 Pacifica Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.
Slapuhho Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 Oh god damn what did I just start lol. If I kept blowing subs left and right please believe I would be getting something better asap but thats just me though I forgot that the reason subs blow is because of the sub itself.. LOL I know PLENTY of people that throw 4k+ daily on hdc4's and they last fine, daily. 4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur. Team gg Team DOA My Videos
Slinky Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 Oh god damn what did I just start lol. If I kept blowing subs left and right please believe I would be getting something better asap but thats just me though I forgot that the reason subs blow is because of the sub itself.. LOL I know PLENTY of people that throw 4k+ daily on hdc4's and they last fine, daily. Including myself here in a few weeks. I just ordered 2 HDC4s yesterday and I'm going to run 2 AQ 3500s to them at a half ohm each. I talked with one of the SoundQubed guys about this yesterday at finals and he also agreed it would be fine. DD M4 Rockford Fosgate P500-4 SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap 2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S XS Power D3400 Under Hood XS Power D5100 in rear Michael Singer 200A Alt Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/
fox_racin4 Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 By no means am i saying its the subs fault here..or that they shoulfnt have blown. Just stating facts really.. Shit almost every show i go to i do a recone or 2 because i pull the leads off the terminals 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
AMI CUSTOMS Posted October 28, 2013 Author Report Posted October 28, 2013 Ok guys enough about the me switching brands cuz that isn't happening, the fire was 120% my fault, but hell when you make it to the semi finals in kaos2 and the guy next to you is holding a 157.5 and you are holding a 156.8 and climbing to him and a woofer goes I think for fucks sake you would turn it up too and say ZERO fucks were given. I knew bad shit was gonna happen that's finals. TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain 3x Streetbeat World Record Holder 2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4 2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db 2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db 2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db 2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4 2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db 2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db 2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012 (4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log Evo X build log Facebook page The Black Nasty
Karkov Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 Ok guys enough about the me switching brands cuz that isn't happening, the fire was 120% my fault, but hell when you make it to the semi finals in kaos2 and the guy next to you is holding a 157.5 and you are holding a 156.8 and climbing to him and a woofer goes I think for fucks sake you would turn it up too and say ZERO fucks were given. I knew bad shit was gonna happen that's finals. Nice try though man. LOVE, truly LOVE the dedication. props for that. =) 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.