LoudBimmer Posted February 22, 2014 Author Report Posted February 22, 2014 $500 dollar car payments wtf? With a credit score of 0 maybe. My payments will be no more than $225. More in the range of $200. That's why I've been setting money aside for past few years. For the record, I'm not getting brand new car. Most likely 2006-2008. My current wage, I do alright. I won't be graduating college with 0 experience. That's what internships, clubs, organizations are for. The college I go to got a large alumni base. I don't know how you concluded that lol. Unless your hit the magical interest rate from the worlds most trusting credit union or bank, good luck with all that. if you get monthly that low, I would imagine the term length would be much longer than it would need to be and you would be throwing away money into the interest rate. My mom has always had an 800+ FICO and she has never had a car payment that cheap, and she usually makes a big down payment and has always had great interest rates. The old 2004 dodge ram we had was $600 a month because our stepdad wanted to buy new, poor choice. The benz was $17k and she had a full loan on it at the time with a 3.49% interest rate that I believe she paid just above $400 a month on. And as far as experience goes, internships will help only if they're really valid or "prestigious" in the sense that it wasn't an internship at a summer camp snack shop or something lol, more like working in a business or corporation, but actually doing more than paper filing. But besides that, you're pretty much at 0 experience. Alumni bases help, but only if they're effective. It why graduating from USC is so lucrative. Finding a job in SoCal is not difficult if you're a USC alumni, the web is absolutely massive. My friend who's graduating this year had internship at Citi bank and got a full time offer. He's starting in June. Starting salary will be close to $90-$100 grand including sign up bonus and end of the year bonus. This other girl I know working at Citi as first year analysis making about the same.
LoudBimmer Posted February 22, 2014 Author Report Posted February 22, 2014 $200 payment.... 20 year term, lol. That's why I was setting money aside for few years ago. Let's break this down. $18,000 for a car. $5,000 down payment. $2.24 interest rate. ~$230 a month. for $60 months.
Karkov Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 I'm not arguing in any way shape or form but I like to set up auto loans for short term, like 3 years so they get paid off sooner and my payments are usually 750+'ish per month so yea, car payments can get rather high. oh and credit score right around 800 2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD) 12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option 2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67 3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet) 1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4 4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps (rear fill only) 1 ~ XS Power D4800 1 ~ XS Power D3400 8 ~ XS Power XP3000 160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power 320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
n8ball2013 Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 i have an 806 credit score. thats the very top tier on a used far right now and can not be applied to a car older than 3 years. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Tecomah Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 Getting to take an armored personnel carrier for a spin in the mud, and seeing it crush a car. 750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY Team Subsonic Lows
boom50cal Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 $100 a month for 12 months. Mudtruck ftw. On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said: Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.
TeamHT Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 i have an 806 credit score. thats the very top tier on a used far right now and can not be applied to a car older than 3 years. I just recently got all three to report above 800 on my credit score. Just to bring this back on track, lol Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
Dwn4BassAlan Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 $500 dollar car payments wtf? With a credit score of 0 maybe. My payments will be no more than $225. More in the range of $200. That's why I've been setting money aside for past few years. For the record, I'm not getting brand new car. Most likely 2006-2008. My current wage, I do alright. I won't be graduating college with 0 experience. That's what internships, clubs, organizations are for. The college I go to got a large alumni base. I don't know how you concluded that lol. Unless your hit the magical interest rate from the worlds most trusting credit union or bank, good luck with all that. if you get monthly that low, I would imagine the term length would be much longer than it would need to be and you would be throwing away money into the interest rate. My mom has always had an 800+ FICO and she has never had a car payment that cheap, and she usually makes a big down payment and has always had great interest rates. The old 2004 dodge ram we had was $600 a month because our stepdad wanted to buy new, poor choice. The benz was $17k and she had a full loan on it at the time with a 3.49% interest rate that I believe she paid just above $400 a month on. And as far as experience goes, internships will help only if they're really valid or "prestigious" in the sense that it wasn't an internship at a summer camp snack shop or something lol, more like working in a business or corporation, but actually doing more than paper filing. But besides that, you're pretty much at 0 experience. Alumni bases help, but only if they're effective. It why graduating from USC is so lucrative. Finding a job in SoCal is not difficult if you're a USC alumni, the web is absolutely massive. My friend who's graduating this year had internship at Citi bank and got a full time offer. He's starting in June. Starting salary will be close to $90-$100 grand including sign up bonus and end of the year bonus. This other girl I know working at Citi as first year analysis making about the same. I'm not saying it's impossible. My sisters boyfriend is 24, right out of college gets a full time developer/programmer spot at Yelp, (they live in Berkeley so all the social media giants are there, so CS majors in the bay area have a field day when look for jobs.) he makes a fair 6 figures already. I'm just saying it really depends on what you do and where you are and who you know. I know a couple friends who have graduated into fields where the need is pretty great, and yet a couple have had trouble getting work, and they're good at it to. I even know a doctor who was almost homeless for a year after he graduated, he ended up taking an EMT job (keep in mind he had his MD in pediatrics already) just to get some sort of income. Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
Dwn4BassAlan Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 $200 payment....20 year term, lol. That's why I was setting money aside for few years ago. Let's break this down. $18,000 for a car. $5,000 down payment. $2.24 interest rate. ~$230 a month. for $60 months. Since I believe auto loans amortize just like a home mortgage does (and I'm not trying to tell you your plan is wrong or anything at all like that lol I am just truly curious), did they also show you what your outcome total would be between a 48mo vs 60mo plan would be? In my head I can tell your interest would be paid on the principle with your first months payment since you're putting down $5k and have such a low interest rate, so that's good. Normally with more expensive loans though it can change up quite a bit. Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620 Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol When Alan uses big words I don't understand It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out. Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room. I missed Alan. RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.
Aj11 Posted February 22, 2014 Report Posted February 22, 2014 So not "Alan" money. Gotcha. i hit the floor! jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.