Godsmack Posted December 9, 2007 Report Posted December 9, 2007 Dude it sux to hear this man............. I gotta ask some ?'s tho man What is the cause of the unhappiness with her? I mean u say ur only important when it comes down to the $$ is it like she don't care about you? Is she constanlty nagging you? I mean it seems like there's some deep issues here man. I know the pride you take in both your son and the glass work. While glass work is always there as a stress reliever just like booze, drugs, and losse women it can only temporarilly fill the void for only so long. You son tho, he fills alot of it I believe. I would say its time to move on. Re-start ur life someplace new. Do what you do best for work. Make $$$ with your talents. Don't let it go to waste. (i'm not saying by working on ur own stuff its wasting it) Its like if you were given the tallent of being one hell of a whiz with computer's you wouldn't stick to tech support. You would go where the $$ is and where true happiness would lie. It seems apperant to me that she is not where the happiness lies. Take some time away from her. Get ur life re-focused. See where your priorities lay. I know Memphis is #1 but where is 2 and 3? Also as for working...............call Mama Gates. See if she can get u workin with Rockford or Chris Brown. Maybe teaching at a installer's institute? You could be a GREAT credit to ANY audio school man. Just food for thought. Hit me up if u need anything man. J "No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country." George Patton
tejcurrent Posted December 9, 2007 Report Posted December 9, 2007 I'd get a ticket here to Myrtle Beach. You do great work, and around here I know of more than one shop that would hire you off the bat. How old is your kid btw? Sometimes its better to seperate for the kid- so they can know what a happy family is like, even if it's you with someone else. Hell, if you stay single for a long time at least your kid could know you and not see you bite your tonge and bury yourself in a project. If you let someone treat you like a bitch that's how you start feeling- if you're paying the bills, you're in control, and let her know she can pack her shit and go if she's not right. Just a thought, I really hope it gets better for you. tejcurrent XS Power T3
Low n Loud Posted December 9, 2007 Report Posted December 9, 2007 tim, you only live life once, make it how u always imagined it...
roscoe1129 Posted December 9, 2007 Report Posted December 9, 2007 Bro, I was married for ten years to my daughters mom, and stayed for her. I finally manned up and relized being miserable is not where it is. I was scared of change, loosing my daughter, having her think that I didnt love her; but now that its been over two years I am way better off than before. My ex didnt care about me, just like you all she wanted was the big money every two weeks. They say its cheaper to keep her, but hinestly I was loosing so much money becouse of her, I am way better off now than before. Plus I am happy and I get my daughter whenever I want. Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer Scientia est Vox "In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti" DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER
01xtreme Posted December 9, 2007 Report Posted December 9, 2007 Im with Galactic monkey on this one. You could easily get a job at any shop in FL with your skills. I dont think you'll be rich because of it, but it is far better living paycheck to pay check doing something you love as opposed to living paycheck to paycheck doing something you hate. Beside you already know people down here (Jon @ Epicenterdesigns) My System: Pioneer AVH-P3200BT 4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors) 8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash) 1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs) 2-18" BTL's (for now) Crescendo 3kwp (for sale) Complete rebuild coming soon...
Torres Posted December 9, 2007 Report Posted December 9, 2007 tim, you only live life once, make it how u always imagined it... x2. definitely x2.
andym85 Posted December 10, 2007 Report Posted December 10, 2007 from the sound of things man it sounds like this has been weighing on you for quite some time now. do yourself a favor...which is gonna suck balls....but i would def. try and seek some sort of professional help first. i mean, you married this woman and you all have a baby together...it is only fair for the both of you and little Memphis if you all try and REALLY work on things. if it cant be saved then the only other option is divorce. you know you have mad talent but you are also living proof that mad talent doesnt automatically garuntee you a well deserving, decent paying position. im sure if you were persistant enough that you could find a place to let you work your magic. i know you love your craft, but some things are more important in life...such as marrige and family. maybe it is time to put your hobby on the back burner for a bit, save some money, and seek some counseling. once you get past this sticking point everything in your life may fall into place. like they say, tough times dont last, but tough people do. its gonna get worse before it gets better man. just keep your head up. there is always gonna be a tomorrow and that tomorrow might be the day that you have been waiting for. hang in there!! i likes me some audio stuff...
mojoman Posted December 10, 2007 Report Posted December 10, 2007 gp-- if our market here in ND would allow your skills to be put on display, i would send you and Memphis a ticket to come here. but i only do about 2 full custom jobs a quarter and that wouldnt pay your bills. but installing remotes and windshields and doing all the sign work we do could keep ya busy anyway. but keep holdin your head up and try to work things out. if it is meant to be it will work, if not kick her to the curb and move on. aint no woman worth tearin yourself apart. live is too short to be worrying and depresed over any body. take care and hit us up if ya need anything. randy aka mojo
TechSys Posted December 10, 2007 Report Posted December 10, 2007 Wow, and I thought I was the only one going through this type of shit. Timmy, I pretty much know what you're going through. Brandy and I haven't been together as long as you and your lady has though. We have a baby on the way, due in May. The past couple of months things have changed between her and I. It seems the only time she wants anything to do with me is when she wants something or it's time to pay the bills. I haven't been able to do for myself since August and it's really starting to take a toll on me. I've come close to losing my job. Thought about ending it. Have seen a counselor who told me there is nothing wrong with me, but gave me anti-depressants (which tells me there is in fact something wrong). Brandy hasn't been here since November 29th. She came at me with an attitude I couldn't handle that night. She tried saying that I don't care anymore and that I quite taking care of her and things. I believe she is cheating on me, even though she denies it when we talk (or text), however, people have seen her with someone else. There is so much more, but I don't want to jack your thread any more. Yes, Timmy, I would hire you in a heartbeat if my business was going like I wanted it to be at this time. Your skillz are amazing and you should be able to get any type of work in the car audio field. The thing I am learning, right now, is you have to do what makes you happy or what you think is right. Having a kid involved makes things harder, but you still gotta do it. If she is bringing you down anywhere close to the point I was (suicidal thoughts), it's time for you to break away for a bit. Hang in there man. Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia
f3rr3t Posted December 10, 2007 Report Posted December 10, 2007 honestly man eject fight your ass of for your kid. and move on u could get a job anywhere here in florida shit even hit up alpine or something you have the skills now you just gotta find the will to do it and live your life how you want it
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.