Horrible alternator noise.

Have you tried grounding the RCAs yet?

yeah it didnt help. I moved the headunit ground back to where everything else is grounded and that didnt help. Next i took out both my rcas for my 4 channel and looked over them inch by inch. Re installed them but i ran them from the headunit to the headrest to the amp so it wasnt near anything that could mess with the signal. Now the noise is more intermitent it seems like it will fade away and then come back as soon as i hit a bump, which leads me to thin there is short but i have literally checked every single wire im not just saying i did.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

sorry for your issues bro but the DD-1 did not put any noise into your system. Its not any more capable of putting noise into the system as an Oscope or even a Digital Multi Meter would. Maybe something got messed up, moved or disconnected while you were testing, i dont know...but it is IMPOSSIBLE for the dd-1 to introduce extra alternator whine into your system.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Head unit.

Thats what i have it down to at the moment. I have no way of getting another head unit to swap out, my dick head brother took my back headunit.

The only other thing i could think of is running another ground from front to back because i only have my battery grounded to frame. I wont be able to get more for wire like 3-4 weeks though. EDIT: Yes i did ground the rcas to the headunit chassic with OFC 12ga wire.

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Disconnect the RCA's from the HU and turn it on, see if the noise changes in anyway. If its gone then you know the noise is being picked up from the HU. If the noise is still there then it's the RCA's and/or amp.

I'm thinking that the noise was always there but you didn't notice it until you set the gains right and got the deck volume up a lot more. A few times I've seen people discover they had alt noise after setting gains with a scope due to the fact that the gains were turned up more than they had been before and allowed the whine to be heard.

User error, you hot swapped the RCA's.

You have a Pioneer radio. You unplugged or plugged your RCA cords with the radio ON while you where testing it with the DD-1.

When you did so you ended up grounding out the center pin of the RCA cords (which is a positive signal). Doing this resulting in YOU blowing the PICO FUSE inside the radio.

You should never unplug or plug in RCA cables with the stereo ON, and on Pioneer headunits this is what happens. Its very common because people are to stupid to turn things off before altering or working on there system.

The DD-1 had nothing to do with YOU messing up YOUR radio. Ive used the DD-1 on a solid 20+ installs now, WITHOUT ISSUES, and have set many Pioneer decks.

To fix YOUR problem that YOU caused by HOT SWAPING the RCAs and BLOWING the PICO FUSE you must do this, and YOUR engine noise will GO AWAY.

2012-02-10025321.jpg

User error, you hot swapped the RCA's.

You have a Pioneer radio. You unplugged or plugged your RCA cords with the radio ON while you where testing it with the DD-1.

When you did so you ended up grounding out the center pin of the RCA cords (which is a positive signal). Doing this resulting in YOU blowing the PICO FUSE inside the radio.

You should never unplug or plug in RCA cables with the stereo ON, and on Pioneer headunits this is what happens. Its very common because people are to stupid to turn things off before altering or working on there system.

The DD-1 had nothing to do with YOU messing up YOUR radio. Ive used the DD-1 on a solid 20+ installs now, WITHOUT ISSUES, and have set many Pioneer decks.

To fix YOUR problem that YOU caused by HOT SWAPING the RCAs and BLOWING the PICO FUSE you must do this, and YOUR engine noise will GO AWAY.

2012-02-10025321.jpg

easy man no need to rip my ass. I just moved the 4 channel amp to the backseat, this location is LOADS easier to get to for tuning/adding speakers. I just took it for a drive and the noise seems to be gone. Im still on my toes though. EDIT: When i grounded the rca's the problem got worse. moving the amp was my fix, i just needed to wait for a warm day to do it.

The noise is back and im more frustrated than ever. I have tried everything you guys have told me to try and then some and i still cant get this noise to go away, i tried grounding the rcas for the second time and the noise did not go away. I was really hoping that moving my 4 channel might help so i spent 3 hours moving the amp and testing only to find out i still have the noise. The only thing i havent tried is an inline noise filter on the power into the headunit. What is my next step here guys? can the pico fuse be replaced? sent out? possibly new headunit?

Archived