Sundown Audio

Anyone Clamp BZ2100.1D?

Amart88

I was just wondering If anyone on here has ever clamped a Hifonics Brutus BRZ2100.1D amp? I have got 2 of them and was just curious of what they read at 1 ohm. It says 2100 rms@1 ohm on their site but those specs are usually underrated/overrated. thanks :)

Sorry for the typo in the title. its BRZ not BZ lol anyway gotta love the Ipads auto correct bullshit

Edited by Amart88

I am thinking about getting one. I would like to know what it really can do too.

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

I am thinking about getting one. I would like to know what it really can do too.

I had 1 of them running 2 alpine type-r 15's and it ran them nice, even at 2 ohms :) I heard that you have to have a good electrical system to run the brutus amps as they can be power hungry as some people said. But it looks nice and did what it was supposed to do so i was happy with it. and got another. Thats why I also wonder what they actually put out .

@donpablo yeah I read somwhere earlier that th BRZ2400 put out 2450 at around 1 ohm. So that looks about right compared to what you said the 1200 was. I would assume then that they are slightly underrated? even so, those numbers are in a perfect world i guess... whithout clipping and what not. haha

Edited by Amart88

They are a CEA compliant budget amp. I would expect it to do what it says, but not much more.

at 14.4. so you'd better have some rock solid electrical.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

at 14.4. so you'd better have some rock solid electrical.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I got 270 amp ohio gen alt with big 3 with 0 gauge and kinetic 1400 with another ac delco. That's all for now anyways. The car runs around 15.4 or something close to that. So under 14.4 the amp loses output? And overheats? Clips?

Any good amp suggestions with a lower voltage? For the future. Around 2100-2600 watts