Sundown Audio

Can anyone verify a post that i've seen on here stating that the SAZ-1500 can do 1970 at 12.26v? Or if you have clamped this amp, what results have you gotten?

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

I know that they are rated at 1500w, but some people say that they can do more. I'm just curious of some other people's results. I was considering getting one used for a set of DC LVL 3 15s. I think that the 1500 will be short changing their potential.

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

seen one clamp a little over 2k @ 12.6v with a rise to 1.1, they are all different but i can assure you if rise is kept around 1-1.5 you'll see at least 1800w rms @ 12.6v, even more

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/50753-sundown-amp-clamp-tests/

POWER : 1970 Watts

AMP VOLTAGE (measured) : 49.25 V

AMP CURRENT (calculated) : 40 A

ACTUAL IMPEDANCE (calculated) : 1.23 ohms

SUPPLY VOLTAGE : 12.85 V

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/_AMP_POWE...0D/CIMG2493.MOV

* Power Clamp

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/_AMP_POWE...0D/CIMG2494.MOV

* Voltage Measurement

If i can get 1800w or more from one that would be perfect for my DC LVL 3 15s.

It all comes down to your charging system and impedance rise. If you can keep a good, steady current, you should be where you need to be. You should also take into account that these tests were done on ~12.5-12.85volts. With the car running, you should be seeing closer to ~14.1-14.6volts and higher outputs from the amp. Has anyone clamped an saz-1500 on ~14.4volts? I think these numbers would be a little more helpful for you..

Sound Solutions Audio ZCON 18

Crescendo Audio BC3500D

JVC KD-R80BT headunit

Alpine/Pioneer mids & highs

4 group 34 agm batteries

Knukonceptz 3x0ga. terminals

Kicker/XS Power 0ga. wiring