8Ohm Doors?

RF4LIFE

So I'm looking to achieve perfect SQ and power and size is not an issue. I want to build the perfect SQ system, i was thinking somewhere along the lines of

8- 6.5" 3-way doors @ 8ohm each playing 250hz-20khz (250hz-500hz= woofer; 500hz-1khz= mid; 1khz-20khz= tweeter)

4- 8" Mid-Bass Woofers @ 4ohm each playing 125hz-250hz

1-12" Sub Woofer @ 2ohm playing 20hz-125hz

My question is should i change the 12" for a 15"? Should i change the 4 8's to 2 10's? should i just go to 4 6.5's, 2 8's, and one 10"?

Ideally for sq, you would not want that many drivers. Sounds like you wanta system that is just loud and clear if you want that many drivers. Simpler is usually better. But anyway, as long as you have an amp that will put out your desired amount of power at 8 ohms, there should be no problem.

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

ok, so should i just stick with 8 6.5's, 4 8's, and one 12"? or should i upgrade the 12" to a 15"? and substitute the 4 8's for 2 10's? will there be ANY SQ advantage with any of those changes? also is there a physical number for SQ? like the QTS of a driver? i know Displacement is directly linked to SPL, but is there any value or measurement for representing SQ?

You really need to head on over to diyma and browse for some time checking out sq systems and seeing what people are using and running cause your getting loud and clear confused with sq.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

ok, so should i just stick with 8 6.5's, 4 8's, and one 12"? or should i upgrade the 12" to a 15"? and substitute the 4 8's for 2 10's? will there be ANY SQ advantage with any of those changes? also is there a physical number for SQ? like the QTS of a driver? i know Displacement is directly linked to SPL, but is there any value or measurement for representing SQ?

in SQ ... the idea is to do more with less ...

You really need to head on over to diyma and browse for some time checking out sq systems and seeing what people are using and running cause your getting loud and clear confused with sq.

Why you promoting other forums when SMD should be the one stop place for SQ ??? Thats stupid ... especially sending him to diyma ...

Sir if you are in Florida ... Go to Spring Break Nationals to get an idea of some true SQ Vehicles ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

So I'm looking to achieve perfect SQ and power and size is not an issue. I want to build the perfect SQ system, i was thinking somewhere along the lines of

My suggestion ... Learn all you can about stage and image ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

8- 6.5" 3-way doors @ 8ohm each playing 250hz-20khz (250hz-500hz= woofer; 500hz-1khz= mid; 1khz-20khz= tweeter)

4- 8" Mid-Bass Woofers @ 4ohm each playing 125hz-250hz

1-12" Sub Woofer @ 2ohm playing 20hz-125hz

First off ... what do you mean by "8 ohm doors" ???

no more than a 3 way component set will be fine for your front stage ... deciding to go passive or active will depend on your knowledge of tuning ...

components should overlap each other (not much, but just enough) so you can't literally tell what driver is playing what frequiencies ...

Sub driver stage should not go over 70 htz ... Mine normally is not needed until around 50 htz (because my 6.5" drivers in my front doors play down to 40 htz) ...

and my sugggestion ... run your sub(s) at 4 ohms mono ... not bridged (gives you more headroom in the amp)

Archived