Second Skin Audio

What is your box tuned to?

With my experience. You need lots of cone and lots of power if you tune low and want to move crazy air. Your box is gonna sound like deer shit if you have 2 xplod 12's on a 200 watt amp trying to play 23hz.

Hummmm.didn't know deer shit made noise.lol :-)

My box is tuned to 34.7 Hz iirc. It still plays below that though. I burped a 152db @ 25 Hz at the last show I went to. Your ears can't really hear much lower than that so unless you are just trying to do some serious hair tricks there's not much point in tuning way low...

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

I am tuned to 34Hz at 4 cubes and I really like how low it gets but I just wish I had a little better upper 40s-60 output (it might be from having too little port area tho.. I'm at like 11in/cube :(

Does anyone know if more port area would extend my feq response? I know it's all trial and error but I don't really wanna tear out my box that's glassed in to take the chance of maybe helping the output (which I am already happy with just thinking there is more potential)

Edit: And I'm running a level 4 15" d2 off a mb quart 1500 amp prob rising higher than Compton on 4/20 tho..

Edited by Pro7

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

For people that are tuned to about 32hz, how low can you play and what subs are your running?

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm